• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 4319 Studio Monitor Review

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I sent these into Amir (this was also a Northridge, CA model) and recently sold these as I moved to active speakers, but I would agree that the sound signature was unique. The treble is a bit hot, but if you look at the Everest DD67000, it has that slight up-tilt as well. I think it gave some air without being bright maybe because it's directivity was what it is.

These were designed for the Japanese market originally where speakers are kept low and sitting on the tatami mat is common. There was occasionally a hyper-real level of detail to it. I've described them a bit like having the detail of Magnepan with true-ribbons but offering superior imaging.

When paired with Dirac or EQ, you can really juice up the bass to preference and the speaker will handle it but without EQ, at least in my room, the bass was far less than you'd expect from the 12" woofer.

If I lived somewhere with more physical space, I definitely would have kept these.

Top Bottom