• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the forum on a go slow today?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Here's mine:
1704840326301.png

dnsleaktest.com shows I'm using my ISP's (Telus) DNS servers.

1704840033081.png

1704840042321.png

1. Firewall
2. Local
3. Telus (ISP)
4. Telus (ISP)
5. AudioScienceReview

I have no issues.

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I’m on Mac, tracert is windows, but still hanging and giving me the 3 progress bars on upper right

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
The command is different, but the results are the same:

traceroute audiosciencereview.com

1704846038927.png

1. Firewall
2. Local
3. Telus (ISP)
4. Telus (ISP)
5. AudioScienceReview

Using wifi, not ethernet like my previous test.

QuiNz-

The Opera browser incorporates a free VPN. I have a few sites bookmarked for geolocation restricted stuff or to sometimes bypass local issues.
I'm honestly not so fond of opera's so called vpn. Hell it's not even a VPN but just a proxy you're just routing your network through their proxy to opera's servers within the browser. If it works it works for your use case. but if something is free you're the product.

I would recommend mullvad any day if you want a true vpn for geolocation : )

Also completely unrelated but it seems like I'm the only linux user here : ( I wish more people are using Linux to stream audio especially now that pipewire sound server is around it's such a wonderful piece of software. Unless most people are using streaming devices like the wiim pro plus which is most likely also based on Linux with some proprietary packages and API's hardware aside.

Last edited:

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
" : ( " is intended as attention sign?

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Seems to be zipping along at a fair rate of knots tonight.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
FYI, I got a happy holiday card from my ex boss and he included in there the list of companies he has invested in. One of them is that LINX London Exchange!!! So I forwarded the tracert to him and he said he would get someone to look into it.

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
You can tell him that a random bunch of nerds on the internet are pleased :D, can I have his number for when my broadband goes down?, it‘d save me spending hours attempting to get through on their useless helpline ;)

Top Bottom