• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integra DRX-8.4

a.dent

Do you have height channels? You will get Auro Surround if you have a 5.1 or 7.1 setup. To get Auro 3D, you will need at least two height channels.
Yes. I have a 5.2.4 setup.
And DLBC multi sub.

Last edited:

pollock0424

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes. I have a 5.2.4 setup.
And DLBC multi sub.
In the Web UI, try going to Audio Adjust -> AURO-3D and make sure Listening Mode is set to "AURO-3D" as shown below:

1703722435476.png

ban25

Yes that's what I've done. Still no 3-D
That's strange. Are you up to date on firmware and have you verified the operation of the height channels with other content (Atmos)?

nick-v

That's strange. Are you up to date on firmware and have you verified the operation of the height channels with other content (Atmos)?
I actually checked in my system today, and I'm getting the same thing. I tried some streaming DD+ content and also a DTS-HD concert.

Clutchplate

I actually checked in my system today, and I'm getting the same thing. I tried some streaming DD+ content and also a DTS-HD concert.

Same here. Tried a variety of sources with different speaker configurations and no 3-D.

a.dent

Same here. Tried a variety of sources with different speaker configurations and no 3-D.
I'm glad I'm not alone.

I've tried to find support contact details and can't for Australia. All I get is USA or Canada options which won't let me go any further.

Hopefully a North American member with the same problem can contact support for a comment and fix.

a.dent

Here's something of interest regarding Auro 3-D.

I changed the speaker settings to front high and rear high rather than front top and rear top and Auro 3-D was suddenly available! I lost my Dirac loadings but after reloading Dirac slots from my earlier measurements all seems like it is working perfectly.

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 21.28.11.png

ban25

I changed the speaker settings to front high and rear high rather than front top and rear top and Auro 3-D was suddenly available! I lost my Dirac loadings but after reloading Dirac slots from my earlier measurements all seems like it is working perfectly.
That's strange. I do indeed have mine configured as Top Front and Top Rear and Auro-3D works fine. I wonder if it would continue working for you if you were to switch back -- though it's probably not worth doing the whole cycle with Dirac just to find out!

Clutchplate

Good find. Also works on mine and the 3-D option is available in 5.1.2 as well as 5.1.4.

nick-v

polmuaddib

Forum Donor
Exactly. It says in the article that noise separation is 81 dB. I guess that goes for internal amps.
If I read the article correctly, they didn't measure preouts?

valerianf

@maty is right, the THD+noise level at the speaker outputs is far worst than for a Denon X4800.
0.0017% for the Denon and 0.01% for the best Integra result.
That is not a good sign.
@amirn do you expect to measure an Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer soon?

ban25

@maty is right, the THD+noise level at the speaker outputs is far worst than for a Denon X4800.
0.0017% for the Denon and 0.01% for the best Integra result.
That is not a good sign.
@amirn do you expect to measure an Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer soon?
Not the X4800H, but this result is actually a bit better than what audio.com.pl measured on the X3800H:

polmuaddib

Forum Donor
Not the X4800H, but this result is actually a bit better than what audio.com.pl measured on the X3800H:
So, unfortunately, the polish site's measurements are near worthless?
Worse then Stereophile, for sure...
You'd think that after years of ASR activity and obvious relevance in the HiFi online community, there would be competition, but no...

ban25

So, unfortunately, the polish site's measurements are near worthless?
Worse then Stereophile, for sure...
You'd think that after years of ASR activity and obvious relevance in the HiFi online community, there would be competition, but no...
Probably not worthless, but definitely not comparable across different reviewers / test-benches. There are too many variables involved, from the test equipment to the design of the dummy load. Gene mentioned in his NAD M23 and AV10 reviews that he had to re-design his test bench to accurately measure the extremely high performance of those devices, down to removing the aligator clips that he was using on the amp binding posts...

Top Bottom