• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Linn Klimax Solo 800

JSmith

Master Contributor
Only $45,000!!!
Yet not even basic specs on their product page... let alone measurements.

I can get more information about a $100 amp than this. So customers are meant to simply trust Linn and hand over $45k? ... I don't think so. :D

Of course there is an "article" (advertisement) up on "StereoLux" (Lux sounds like and is a brand of soap);
It is stated there;
We are told that Linn's electronic engineers focused on achieving ultimate 'consistency' and 'accuracy' featuring novel and original Linn technologies which combine to “produce staggeringly low distortion measurements (THD+N, 8Ω 0.0004% 1kHz, 400W), with superb signal-to-noise ratio (98 dB Ref 1W, 20kHz A-wt), and incredible efficiency”.
That A-weighted SNR 'aint so great... for the money.

If it's anything like the Klimax 500... I wouldn't be calling that superb for the money either;

Linklifig1.jpg

Linklifig3.jpg

Really... who names an amp c(k)limax? What are people meant to climax over it or something? o_O

JSmith

Leporello

I can get more information about a $100 amp than this. So customers are meant to simply trust Linn and hand over $45k? ... I don't think so. :D
In luxury consumption price is the product. Conveniently it might also be the only measurement the target audience needs.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Of course there is an "article" (advertisement) up on "StereoLux" (Lux sounds like and is a brand of soap);
It is stated there;

If it's anything like the Klimax 500... I wouldn't be calling that superb for the money either;

Linklifig1.jpg

Linklifig3.jpg

Really... who names an amp c(k)limax? What are people meant to climax over it or something? o_O

JSmith
Klimax Solo even ;)

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It migth actually be well performing for a high end brand, but the price o_O ...... snr at 98dB is a bit low for sota .

At least it’s not horrible like many high end products it’s delivers transparent performance and drives difficult speakers so it actually works ?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not yet, but you can find some at a retailer or two:
TECHNICAL DATA:

Power: 400W, 800W, 1.2kW

Distortion : (THD): 0.0004% (8O), 0.0005% (4O), 0.0006% (2O)

Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR): 98 dB
Frequency bandwidth: 28.6 dB (1kHz)
Impedance: 8O, 4O, 2O

Inputs: x1 RCA Phono, x1 Balanced XLR
Outputs: x2 Banana/Binding Posts, Furutech FT-816 (R)

Dimensions: 268mm (H) x 350mm (W) x 412mm (D)
Weight: 27kg

Power supply:
Voltage: 100-120Vac, 220-240Vac
Maximum: 2kW
Idle: 100W

Entrances and passage:
x1 RCA Phono, x1 Balanced XLR

Speaker outputs:
8O, 4O, 2O (unbalanced, ba
lanced)

Measurements (1kHz):
Output power: 1kHz, 400W, 800W, 1.2kW
Nominal gain: 100W combined, 8O
3dB bandwidth: Ref 1W, 20kHz A-weighted
THD+N: 1kHz, 400W, 800W, 1.2kW
SNR: 2-tone IMD (18kHz + 19kHz)
I sure have no doubt that it will measure great. Value for money?... Not gonna happen! :p

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
I guess it is cheap compared to this one

Or this one

Not sure buys this stuff?

tc2007

I once watched a show called "The Girlfriend Experience" where one h**ker tells another one that the client was like a broken ATM machine and kept popping out cash for nothing in return. These type of products remind me of that client.

egellings

Major Contributor

It is stated there;

Linklifig1.jpg

Linklifig3.jpg

JSmith
I wonder why Linn product names always have a 'K' in them.

Top Bottom