• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integra DRX-8.4

tmukh

I believe it is the extra XLR outputs and also Dirac ART is apparently coming to the Integra but not confirmed for the 805? Not sure though…

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That "ELITE" logo on the front of the Pioneer sure looks nice but it can't replace the extra XLR outputs on the Integra.
You might try some of the forum vendors on AVS -- they may still have stock.

tmukh

You might try some of the forum vendors on AVS -- they may still have stock.
Yes, I reached out to one over there but it’s been on backorder for a while. I may decide to pivot to the Pioneer or perhaps even the Denon 6800 or the Anthem 1140. Let’s see - I’ll give it a couple of more days.

12gauge

It's funny rereading the first few pages of this thread with people complaining about the price. They don't age well. The value proposition the Integra offers blows away D & M in my opinion and the product has sold so well the street price is about the same as MSRP was a year ago and they are backordered everywhere. Am I wrong? I still want a pre/pro version.

tmukh

It's funny rereading the first few pages of this thread with people complaining about the price. They don't age well. The value proposition the Integra offers blows away D & M in my opinion and the product has sold so well the street price is about the same as MSRP was a year ago and they are backordered everywhere. Am I wrong? I still want a pre/pro version.
I agree. The Integra is still much cheaper than the X6800 especially when you factor in Dirac costs. The only small problem is that you can’t get your hands on it easily :). I gave up and just went with the X6800. In hindsight I’m very pleased with the unit.

Clutchplate

I agree. The Integra is still much cheaper than the X6800 especially when you factor in Dirac costs. The only small problem is that you can’t get your hands on it easily :). I gave up and just went with the X6800. In hindsight I’m very pleased with the unit.

If you don't need the balanced inputs and outputs the Denon should be a solid alternative. If you do use XLR however, the Integra is a bargain.

pollock0424

Does anyone know if ART takes care of SBIR effects? What will the range of correction be?

pollock0424

What is the maximum number of height channels one could use with drx8.4 ? I feel like 6 will be optimum, reflecting the 6 base layer channels.

ban25

What is the maximum number of height channels one could use with drx8.4 ? I feel like 6 will be optimum, reflecting the 6 base layer channels.
Yes, 6 is the max, assuming you run 5 bed layer channels. I decided to just run 4 in-ceiling (top) channels because of the preponderance of content that is limited to 2 height channels -- in this case, only the center pair of a 6 channel height layout is utilized. You can check the channel utilization of a variety of movies in this thread:

pollock0424

Does anyone know if I can use surrounds as stereo? Currently, front mains are stereo.. but I would like to try out surrounds and rears as an independent stereo pairs..

ban25

Anybody here, knows what the last firmware can do ?
I haven't seen release notes yet, but it looks like they may have added some Mono source mixing options under Audio Adjust.

Top Bottom