• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

In re: the matter of manual transmissions

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Didn’t have much of a choice, sadly. Company moved my lab from a 40 minute train ride to a two hours in hell drive. Moving was financially out of the question.

These days, it’s a 7 minute walk. That’s something I can live with!
But you live really close to one of the best road racing tracks (street circuit, too) in the US -- pick up a used BMW or Cayman and go have some fun :cool:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
But you live really close to one of the best road racing tracks (street circuit, too) in the US -- pick up a used BMW or Cayman and go have some fun :cool:
Every time we get near Watkins Glen, I am irresistibly pulled toward the wineries.

One of our close friends is an avid car builder and racer, and will be doing some races there later this year, so that will be my excuse to visit the track. :D

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would like a pickup truck. But unless it has a long bed, a single wide bench seat, and three on the tree, it's not happening for me. Getting rid of that old Dodge was one of my major mistakes, in life.

Top Bottom