• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I want to listen to another set of passive desktop speakers. Maximum 300.00

NoxMorbis

I wanted to get the Pioneer SB22 to see how they sound, but they are no longer available on Amazon. They were only 129.00 and the review here was good.

Any ideas for something that tested similar at $300 or less?

Caveat: Any speaker suggestions should have a link to the technical test, also. Otherwise, what's the point? I want o hear what a well tested and from that test, a good, not great, but good technical test result sounds like.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@sweetchaos made these nice data sheets of speakers available in the USA.

OP
N

NoxMorbis

@sweetchaos made these nice data sheets of speakers available in the USA.
I know but which one?

b7676

Look for this dead brand Athena Technologies
k1bhufe54kaymxxr8yo8.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If I was in the US I'd have gotten it for sure.
ahhh doth seeith. Hmmz where are you approximately so we can get some prices, narrow down the selection and probably have some peeps in your area with knowledge of what is available for how much.

Benedium

Forum Donor
ahhh doth seeith. Hmmz where are you approximately so we can get some prices, narrow down the selection and probably have some peeps in your area with knowledge of what is available for how much.
Am not the OP. Heheh. But I'm in Singapore where elacs and wharfedales are more reasonably priced.

OP
N

NoxMorbis

It is a Uni-Q driver. the tweeter is inside the woofer for better imaging and no extra distortion from the woofer and tweeter being spaced apart. The KEFs are packing in the technology.
The KEF or the XT15? Are these reviewed as "flat?" lol I just want to listen to a verified "flat" speaker. Hell yeah. Those are $600.00 speakers on sale for 274? I'd grab those, fir sure. They aren't on sale here in US, though, from the link you provided --still 600.

OP
N

NoxMorbis

If I was in the US I'd have gotten it for sure. I see it now, but it is "used acceptable." It's not even "used good." I wonder what the deal is with them? They probably hated that ugly ass walnut finish, and returned them.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The KEF or the XT15? Are these reviewed as "flat?" lol I just want to listen to a verified "flat" speaker. Hell yeah. Those are $600.00 speakers on sale for 274? I'd grab those, fir sure. They aren't on sale here in US, though, from the link you provided --still 600.
The web page address is Amazon.com which is the USA Amazon website.
z - z Screenshot 2023-04-09 015436.png

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I see it now, but it is "used acceptable." It's not even "used good." I wonder what the deal is with them?
Where do you see the used and condition statement? I looked and can't see that.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe because I am in Canada they are blocking those details. I don't see the buy me now text It says it doesn't ship to Canada and so there is no option to buy them.

OP
N

NoxMorbis

Where do you see the used and condition statement? I looked and can't see that.
Oh shit I see the white for 276 used "Very good." It should be on the right hand side, just scroll down and you can see the used and "other buy options."
Screenshot 2023-04-09KEF.png

Top Bottom