• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice Monolith Encore T5 speaker, listening impressions of a cheapskate

OP
Barrelhouse Solly

Barrelhouse Solly

l
I was playing these with the ports stuffed. This made the speakers mid and high frequencies very pronounced. Adjusting the 2 band eq of bass from 0 to 4 and leaving treble at 0. Wow. Wonderful. Maybe they should ship these as sealed.
Tried it this AM. I didn't see much difference but it wasn't a rigorous test.

AlexanderM

Erin's Corner reviewed the T6 and pretty much said the same thing, OK for the money.

tbob22

For the discount price it's beyond ok.
Yeah, at the retail price they are OK. At the heavily discounted price of $90 for the T5 and $119 for the T6 they rank among the best value speakers out there.
The C6 at the current $85 seems really solid too just would need to pair them with a sub.

jbattman1016

Yeah, at the retail price they are OK. At the heavily discounted price of $90 for the T5 and $119 for the T6 they rank among the best value speakers out there.
The C6 at the current $85 seems really solid too just would need to pair them with a sub.
Yeah, I was thinking of getting 3 as LRC, but I don't have anything justification for this lol

Top Bottom