• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How can I make this system better? Hegel h390 and focal Diablo utopia

Ivan.ruiz

Forum Donor
I would be surprised if under controled listening conditions you can identify the different DAC.
I asked my wife to audition the process. Toggling it on and off with myself in front of the amp while she was sitting across the room on the sweet spot and I was in front of the amp.She agreed that there was a significant difference. I can definitely say that everything changed for the better.
I would doubt that the Hegel would have a terminator equivalent inside.

Last edited:

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I asked my wife to audition the process. Toggling it on and off with myself in front of the amp while she was sitting across the room sitting in front of the amp and she agreed that there was a significant difference. I can definitely say that everything changed for the better.

The differences may be related to output voltage. The Denon DA-500 tested here sounds different but it also puts out a little extra voltage. :)

Either way, enjoy your setup.

D

Deleted member 48726

I asked my wife to audition the process. Toggling it on and off with myself in front of the amp while she was sitting across the room sitting in front of the amp and she agreed that there was a significant difference. I can definitely say that everything changed for the better.
She could hear it from the kitchen?

dshreter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I asked my wife to audition the process. Toggling it on and off with myself in front of the amp while she was sitting across the room on the sweet spot and I was in front of the amp.She agreed that there was a significant difference. I can definitely say that everything changed for the better.
Sometimes a spouse just wants their partner to be happy. Just sayin’

Ivan.ruiz

Forum Donor
Maybe some of the members that have a Hegel 390 can try it and share their experience. After all you can audition a DAC for 30 days right?
I would love comparing a Mola Mola with a SMSL but unfortunately I would have to buy both....

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is so much wrong with this process that it’s not even funny. No conclusions can be derived from this other than that the test is highly flawed.

This one?
1699892094357.jpeg

D

Deleted member 48726

There is so much wrong with this process that it’s not even funny. No conclusions can be derived from this other than that the test is highly flawed.

This one?
View attachment 325905
As long as it isn't the T-1000. Liquid metal and electrical components would be a bad combination.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
As long as it isn't the T-1000. Liquid metal and electrical components would be a bad combination.
Well, it seems to work very well as thermal paste for CPU cooling. I’m not sure how they get the guy into the tiny tube though… maybe they cut him up?

Ivan.ruiz

Forum Donor

This one?
View attachment 325905
You won't know for sure until you try it :)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it's more plausible that, in this case, the excrement originate from a certain member of the Bovidae family.
That is irrelevant and beside the point. The point is that you don’t need to taste something to know it’s no good. You also don’t need to bite into a bar of iron to find out that you can’t tear any chunks out.

And even all of this is really beside the point. I’m not disputing that they heared a difference. I’m disputing the conclusions reached and the reason why they heared a difference. All that is needed for this is logic and reasoning. There is no need to try myself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48726

That is irrelevant and beside the point. The point is that you don’t need to taste something to know it’s no good. You also don’t need to bite into a bar of iron to find out that you can’t tear any chunks out.

And even all of this is really beside the point. I’m not disputing that they heared a difference. I’m disputing the conclusions reached and the reason why they heared a difference. All that is needed for this is logic and reasoning. There is no need to try myself.
I agree completely.

HQY

Kii 3 + BXT
Dutch & Dutch 8c
Neumann KH420 + KH870
Genelec 8361 + W371

But first, get a bigger room + room treatment.
for the space, i wold say kh150/kh750*2/MA1 could be good enough. MA1 is a must have.

lowkeyoperations

That is irrelevant and beside the point. The point is that you don’t need to taste something to know it’s no good.
That’s a pretty bad analogy. If you don’t taste it, in all but the rarest of cases you won’t know, unless you hear from someone else who did.

There are countless examples of food that you would think tastes bad, but doesn’t.

Blue vein cheese. Originally ’invented’ when a livestock herder left his cheese in a cave. When he came back to eat it, it had become mouldy. Being hungry he tried it anyway only to discover it was better than the original cheese! For years that single cave in Roquefort was being filled up with cheese to get infected by the mould to make
It “better”.

Or Lewak coffee. Someone had the idea to make a coffee from the beans that a little marsupial shat out it’s ass after eating coffee berries. Logically you wouldn’t instantly think, let’s make coffee from beans that came from a cats ass. But it’s actually really nice.

Durian fruit. Smells absolutely disgusting. Like the worst smell ever. So bad it’s banned in many areas. But it tastes beautiful.

All sorts of mould and fungus. Truffles or example.

There’s quite a list of delicious food that at first look or smell seems like it’s going to be disgusting, but is quite delicious.

If someone didn’t taste those things none of us would know they are nice.

Andysu

Major Contributor
i keep my lucasfilm ltd THX sound system JBL professional cinema and laserdisc , those bluray uhd 4k are just near field rubbish , laserdisc offers theatrical mixes to thee golden THX ears
202341568_10159241386650149_8408466125083248773_n.jpg
11149709_10153238955180149_583280585962597106_o.jpg

Top Bottom