• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Home theater room correction reading list: Dirac; RoomPerfect; Trinnov Optimizer; ARC Genesis; Audyssey

I know home theater room correction systems are discussed on multiple other threads, but I haven't seen a thread that collates useful resources about them. I think that would be extremely useful.

The types of resources I'm contemplating:
  • AES papers about these specific systems (ideally free to access, but paid if not)
  • Other journal articles and white papers
  • Manufacturers'/developers' technical explanations
  • Articles providing technical discussion of these systems
  • Objective evaluations of these systems
I've suggested below a rough structure for how these could be collated, and added some limited content to kick this off.

For this to work, it will require a collaborative effort! So, if you post a resource like this I'll edit this post to include it. That way this post will provide a running repository of useful resources.

I should say, I know I'm a relatively new user, so recognise I may not have the kudos to inspire such collaboration, but ... it's worth a shot!

RESOURCES

Dirac
RoomPerfect
Trinnov Optimizer

[insert]

ARC Genesis

[insert]

Audyssey

[insert]

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Acourate and Audiolense might represent two more choices.

Sprint

Forum Donor
GLM could be another choice as well. I use GLM with my Genelec SAM monitors.

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
Acourate and Audiolense might represent two more choices.
GLM could be another choice as well. I use GLM with my Genelec SAM monitors.
Good points - thanks!

I was hoping to keep the focus on home theater room correction, in the sense that the ones I listed feature in AVRs/AVPs. However, if anyone contributes reading for those I'm very happy to include it in this list. The main objective is to create a useful resource.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
I know home theater room correction systems are discussed on multiple other threads, but I haven't seen a thread that collates useful resources about them. I think that would be extremely useful.

The types of resources I'm contemplating:
  • AES papers about these specific systems (ideally free to access, but paid if not)
  • Other journal articles and white papers
  • Manufacturers'/developers' technical explanations
  • Articles providing technical discussion of these systems
  • Objective evaluations of these systems
I've suggested below a rough structure for how these could be collated, and added some limited content to kick this off.

For this to work, it will require a collaborative effort! So, if you post a resource like this I'll edit this post to include it. That way this post will provide a running repository of useful resources.

I should say, I know I'm a relatively new user, so recognise I may not have the kudos to inspire such collaboration, but ... it's worth a shot!

RESOURCES

Dirac
RoomPerfect
Trinnov Optimizer

[insert]

ARC Genesis

[insert]

Audyssey

[insert]
Fallen at the first hurdle with this - I can't see how to edit my original post...

I was going to add this for Trinnov:

https://www.trinnov.com/PDF/AES6375_Reproducing_Multichannel_Sound_on_any_Speaker_Layout.pdf

NirreFirre

Forum Donor
Hmm. A good idea and effort, weird editing seems disabled,since that is a standard forum functionality since the 90s..

Top Bottom