• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HiVi Swans OS 10 - my review

Undefinition

A few weeks ago, I was alerted by some people in the community that HiVi-Swans sells a commercially-available speaker that bears an uncanny resemblance to the Overnight Sensations. I decided to buy a pair, tear them down, and share my thoughts on the subject.

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
TIL Paul Carmody is lurking on audiosciencereview. Thanks for your contributions to DIY audio!

Seems like the HiVi OS-10 doesn't actually have much common with the Overnight Sensations besides appearance.

DC4582

TIL Paul Carmody is lurking on audiosciencereview. Thanks for your contributions to DIY audio!

Seems like the HiVi OS-10 doesn't actually have much common with the Overnight Sensations besides appearance.
He did say "do they sound like the Overnight Sensations? And the answer is: yes."

Other than " a few Hz lower in bass extension." I bought a pair for $133 and they are amazing for my PC speakers. I fully appreciate you folk that like building things but i have too many other hobbies to now take up speaker building :-D

ta240

Major Contributor
I just think with so much similar that it is hilarious that they even used OS in the name.

mcdn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A few weeks ago, I was alerted by some people in the community that HiVi-Swans sells a commercially-available speaker that bears an uncanny resemblance to the Overnight Sensations. I decided to buy a pair, tear them down, and share my thoughts on the subject.

Your good humour about this is impressive! Great teardown as well.

D!sco

Congratulations, I guess? It’s a little strange they never even contacted you about it, but on the other hand hivi has made the ultimate Overnight Sensations build. That must be a strange mix of surprise and chagrin. I’m even more surprised there isn’t an option for a mini sub to flatten it down to 50hz, like they usually offer. That, more than the name makes it an imitation of the sensations to me.

Top Bottom