A

Latest activity Postings About

• A
      alex-z replied to the thread What DSP Can/Can't DO.
      If we are talking about traditional DSP, it does exactly what the name implies, digitally processes the signal. It changes nothing about...
    • A
      alex-z replied to the thread First Go at Digital.
      Personally I would pick the Flex. Even with Dirac Live + balanced IO it is $500 cheaper, I don't think networking streaming is worth...
    • A
      alex-z replied to the thread First Go at Digital.
      These days it is normal for the entire recording, mixing, and mastering process to be digital. Analogue copies of music are often the...
    • A
      alex-z replied to the thread Check my math please?.
      Yes, the rubber layer would act as constrained layer damping. Any material which translates deformation into thermal energy will do, 3mm...
    • A
      Porous absorption doesn't work well at low frequencies, but I am talking about structural damping. Something as simple as sandwiching...
    • A
      In an isobaric config there is no force cancellation. Both drivers are wired to have the same polarity so that the air volume that...
    • A
      You will lose 6db at low frequencies to baffle step loss, make sure to account for that if you have a particular SPL requirement in...
    • A
      alex-z replied to the thread replacement midrange driver.
      I just looked at your measurement files, my first impression is that the tweeter portion of the crossover is poorly designed, there is...
    • A
      If you want to be cheap then do an impedance sweep of the mid-range driver you know is working properly, see if the Lavoce driver is...
    • A
      Did you measure both mid-range drivers with the crossover bypassed? It looks ugly but I don't see anything that would cause obvious...
    • A
      What other speakers have you heard in the same room as a point of comparison? I ask because something genuinely well designed like a...
    • A
      Looks like the CA15RLY has slightly better damping of the cone breakup. Personally though I would take the cheaper ER15RLY, a decent...
    • A
      Before you go designing a speaker it is important to actually understand what creates "speed/dynamics", because it certainly isn't your...
    • A
      25ms latency for a "gaming" headset is somewhat significant. Unfortunate that turning off the effects does not remove that competitive...
    • A
      The Seas coaxial has somewhat uneven tweeter response. I would go with a KEF coaxial, a couple of their patented features like the...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom