• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me with Amazon Affiliate Program

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Make sure you include the affiliate disclosure somewhere easily found: ... is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

I second this. Financial incentives and affiliations should be clearly disclosed.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I second this. Financial incentives and affiliations should be clearly disclosed.
Nothing has been implemented yet even though the notice is on top of the Reviews page. If/when I implement it, there will be no doubt about any affiliate links.

samshaver

Hey @amirm

I was trying to figure out a way that people could create their own links to share to an Amazon product that would still incorporate your affiliate link. I am no expert, but I wonder if adding this onto a link would work.

/&linkId=90d5ba32c12c3c2980eb1eb288a17f4d

It appears that you would be able to check that the created link would be attached to your affiliate account here.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/home/tools/linkchecker

I have found that the shortest way to shorten an Amazon link is to find what I’ll call the Amazon Product ID. Which is what is contained within the slashes after the dp in an Amazon link. For example, here is a link to the Topping D70 created by the Amazon mobile app on my iPhone.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SF5TW14/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.jjmDbMDXGBKP

So, for instance the Amazon Product ID for this Topping D70 would be

B07SF5TW14

Then, you can create a short link to the product by adding

amzn.com/

In front of the Amazon Product ID. So, for this example, the shortened link to this Topping D70 would be

amzn.com/B07SF5TW14

So, my thought would be that adding /&linkId=90d5ba32c12c3c2980eb1eb288a17f4d from the affiliate link you have posted may work.

So, all of that to ask if the following shortened link I created to a Topping D70 would be associated with your affiliate account when checked with the link checker above?!?

amzn.com/B07SF5TW14/&linkId=90d5ba32c12c3c2980eb1eb288a17f4d

As it still directs you to the product page, and not an error page like other combinations I have tried.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi Sam. Thanks a lot for trying to do this. The link you created unfortunately doesn't pass the check. Here is the link that Amazon created for the D70:

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Topping-AK44972-Balance-Decoder-Control/dp/B07SF5TW14/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=audiosciencer-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=e7aed674b72f9e5a2f888b07b0c2737f&creativeASIN=B07SF5TW14

And the link itself: https://www.amazon.com/Topping-AK44...f9e5a2f888b07b0c2737f&creativeASIN=B07SF5TW14

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
At this point, I think I should just create the links and make it available for members. Amazon is getting the sales anyway and we don't get the money to fund more reviews or equipment to purchase for testing.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wait, so using your affiliate link doesn’t end up helping you/us out?!?
Oh it does help. It is that when I do reviews, I don't list them so no one is using them currently.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I thought it was simple too. When I get some time I can dig into how it synthesizes the links.

For now, you can use the link I provided and buy anything you like with it. Amazon will give credit just for sending someone there. It doesn't matter what you buy once there (although commission level varies with product category).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

raideater

If people can buy anything off of your affiliate link, can't you just state that above the affiliate link? It would dispel the idea that you're just endorsing products. Worst case scenario, they'll just think you're sponsored by amazon. It'd give people the option to support you if they don't plan on buying the reviewed product but were going to buy something on amazon anyway. Heck, you could even put an affiliate link in reviews of products that aren't sold on amazon. Just put a similar disclaimer down.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If people can buy anything off of your affiliate link, can't you just state that above the affiliate link? It would dispel the idea that you're just endorsing products.
That's my thought although some people are against that idea too (of any relationship with Amazon).

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I think you should put this link somewhere visible. If you just leave it in this thread, it's gonna get lost eventually. Also, I'm not going to bother looking this link up everytime I order stuff off Amazon. I'd suggest you put in the header or footer of the page and make it visible.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd like it more visible. I have ordered a couple times using it. I ordered some things this week and simply forgot to use it.

Top Bottom