• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gaia speaker cables from ESPIRIT and the review by Alan Sircom - a fun read :P

marX

I was just trawling the web and came across this gem and a (possibly sponsored) review.

If you are in need of some laughter, please dive right in :D
You won't regret it!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
He has a vivid imagination.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And that's the saddest thing about this. And the likely reason behind the total insanity of HiFi, at least the upper price range.
A certain type of person Wants to Believe. A certain type of salesman understands that.

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Not sure if I have to laugh after reading the review, it's so much b*llsh*t and some people will believe it and buy this cables.
Only thing he is right about is that everybody nowadays wants to sell cables because there is no easier way to earn a lot of money, production is cheap, uncomplicated and they will always work so no expensive repairs or returns.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You all must have stronger stomachs than mine. When I reached the section on the "small battery box at the from end" I started to get nauseous. My gag reflex kicked in hard at "potentially hundreds and hundreds of hours of cable break in"

Ugh. I had to stop there.

OP
M

marX

Not sure if I have to laugh after reading the review, it's so much b*llsh*t and some people will believe it and buy this cables.
Only thing he is right about is that everybody nowadays wants to sell cables because there is no easier way to earn a lot of money, production is cheap, uncomplicated and they will always work so no expensive repairs or returns.
Yeah. It's easy pickings for them.

OP
M

marX

You all must have stronger stomachs than mine. When I reached the section on the "small battery box at the from end" I started to get nauseous. My gag reflex kicked in hard at "potentially hundreds and hundreds of hours of cable break in"

Ugh. I had to stop there.
:D

BTW, why a speaker cable needs that much filtering (ferrite rings) and protection (polarised dielectric shielding)? I can understand the in the case of analogue interconnects but speaker cables?

Top Bottom