• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review Follow up [Entertainment]

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As some of you requested, here is my response to Danny's contentions regarding my review of GR Research B24 AC cable.

If you have not seen it, here is my original video review:

And Danny's reply video:

If you have not already, please go to my youtube page and subscribe. It won't make me any money but will work to improve our influence in youtube world: https://www.youtube.com/@AudioScienceReview

jcheavymetal

There's a very simple and effective way for these companies to prove that their products really work instead of a 37min "probably a little longer video" reply: double blind testing with independent raters. But none of them are doing this or at least showing the results. Thanks Amir for all your patience debunking all these BS.

Last edited:

Andysu

Major Contributor
doesn't devices have filters inside that reduces some sort degree of noise ?
i use cheap cables that often come with the items i buy

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
doesn't devices have filters inside that reduces some sort degree of noise ?
i use cheap cables that often come with the items i buy

Yes, all electronics of any reasonable quality have input power filtering. Usually a combination of basic filtering caps on the AC input to protect the rectification stage components, followed by secondary filtering of the DC rails to clean up any ripple, and a feedback circuit to maintain a constant output voltage.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Sorry, but to me, this is just embarrassingly childish back and forths by grown men who should know better.

Audio science and high fidelity reproduction doesn't need this tribalism. It serves no useful agenda other than marginalising an already fringe pursuit.

nsfgp

I get it now finally .... that dirty t-shirt and things. Amir brought a power cable that was used/removed from a washing machine ... no power cable no wash. That must be it. :p

Andysu

Major Contributor
I get it now finally .... that dirty t-shirt and things. Amir brought a power cable that was used/removed from a washing machine ... no power cable no wash. That must be it. :p
must have used that super grade power cable for the washing machine
turtle-washing-machine.gif

Wawsax

Really don't understand this Danny's business. I only know of him and all these crazy products from Amir's reviews, so I guess I just wouldn't get it.

He's selling shady garbage that predatory salespeople lump on unfortunate, credulous customers who just want good sound. Anyone capable of critical thinking surely knows it's bogus, including manufacturers and salespeople. So why is he wasting his time responding to this? None of us are going to buy his crap. That he actually shows his expensively oversized cable is mostly composed of cheap rope is utterly absurd.

Anyway, while these videos are entertaining, I'd much prefer Amir work on stuff that interests or excites him.

ExUnoPlura

Forum Donor
Sorry, but to me, this is just embarrassingly childish back and forths by grown men who should know better.

Audio science and high fidelity reproduction doesn't need this tribalism. It serves no useful agenda other than marginalising an already fringe pursuit.
I disagree. Arguing over interpretations of religious texts or the consequences of political/social policies (with few studies) or the merits of personal adornments might be tribalism as you seem to be using it in the modern sense. Arguing about factual matters is quite different. It serves a very useful agenda: reducing the disinformation and mystery surrounding products and technologies as well as increasing general knowledge. Insofar as Amir focuses on the facts and the measurable outcomes I think it ultimately reduces tribalism by limiting the expansiveness of the belief framework that audiophiles use to justify their fringe pursuit.

Svensson

As some of you requested, here is my response to Danny's contentions regarding my review of GR Research B24 AC cable.

If you have not seen it, here is my original video review:

And Danny's reply video:

If you have not already, please go to my youtube page and subscribe. It won't make me any money but will work to improve our influence in youtube world: https://www.youtube.com/@AudioScienceReview
Amir lifting the veil of ignorance about GR's "lifting the veil" sales pitch.

One of these grown men is selling a $349.00 – $449 cable to people, which is a scam and keeps doubling down. So I don't think that framing is appropriate.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I disagree. Arguing over interpretations of religious texts or the consequences of political/social policies (with few studies) or the merits of personal adornments might be tribalism as you seem to be using it in the modern sense. Arguing about factual matters is quite different. It serves a very useful agenda: reducing the disinformation and mystery surrounding products and technologies as well as increasing general knowledge. Insofar as Amir focuses on the facts and the measurable outcomes I think it ultimately reduces tribalism by limiting the expansiveness of the belief framework that audiophiles use to justify their fringe pursuit.

Can one agree with both viewpoints at the same time ?
I mean... I totally agree with John, it would not have to be done... but... at the same time fighting 'misinformation' is a greater good and awareness is a good thing and is your point.
One has to keep in mind that Danny sells things and Amir does not so any objective review of 'snake-oil' and exposing it as such is possibly going to reduce Danny's income.
The only way to prevent that would be to discredit the review and/or author and is what Danny did. Fling mud.
This can be just viewed as flinging mud and ignored and am all for it... but... it is damaging Amir and for that reason should be 'countered'.
What I like is that it addresses the points Danny made but there are still hints of 'snears' in the rebuttal which could perhaps been left out.

I am curious to see Danny's response and the, subsequently needed, response back would be and how long this can continue.
And this is the sad part what John is referring to.

Let's just say that allowing misinformation (regardless if it is a belief or has a financial component) to rampage along isn't desirable from a science viewpoint.

Chester

One of these grown men is selling a $349.00 – $449 cable to people, which is a scam and keeps doubling down. So I don't think that framing is appropriate.

Anyone who has any interest in one of his products and does some basic research online will come across ASR and the many threads about cables and GR Research. Anyone who does no research and purchases, well that is on them and I have little sympathy.

There is enough content on ASR to do the job of informing potential customers. All we’re doing now by engaging him is driving traffic to his channel and website. Yes, most will look out of curiosity and move on but a small few will get sucked in.

Sometimes saying nothing has the biggest impact.

Top Bottom