• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Full range floorstanders ~$4000 budget

Short38

In response to an earlier post question I own a pair of Paradigm Founder 80Fs. 14x16 listening room no treatment. Listening to Stereophile Test CD 3. Rotel 6000 integrated amp with volume set at 50. SMSL 400ES dac balanced to the Rotel. Rotel tribute cd player to the SMSL through SPDIF. My hearing is done at 8,000 cps so can’t speak to performance above that. Frequency sweep sounds fine with 31.5 cps tone audible. Subwoofers would be a good addition. I listen to mostly Western classical music (all periods) with lots of choral works and solo piano. I like these speakers. Stable imaging. Proper instrument placement. Micro detail. So I can forget the system. Seem to reproduce what the source provides. First violins on most symphonic recordings do not reproduce well. Problem to my ears exists regardless of price points. Listened to a $100,000 system at a high end dealer no improvement in violin section.

OP
pseudoid

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Canadian (some say 'legendary') Totem Acoustic has released 3 speakers in a new line.
202305_TotemBison.jpg

The Bison Tower (2-way) floor-standers are priced between $3k and $3.5k per pair.

OP
pseudoid

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
MoFi Electronics SourcePoint 10 @$4k or Mofi SourPoint8 @$3k both include their stands.
202311_MoFiSourcePoint10.jpg

Top Bottom