• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 95 20.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 357 76.0%

• Total voters

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you are going to be using the amps to the limit of their power, thermal behaviour is going to become very relevant, and in this scenario mono implementation has an important advantage, for obvious reasons.
Agreed.
But my statement wasn’t in relation to thermal performance, I am not in favor of in use of these chip amplifiers to their limits anyway.

Hunter Mike

I thought about those then read many reviews of how the Nakamichi brand name is just used to peddle good just like so many of the good ‘ole brands. Private investment firms milk the name for more profit.

I used to use Mediabridge bananas, then I stuck a magnet to them one day…all pot metal.

MCH

Major Contributor
Private investment firms milk the name for more profit.
seems that it was something a bit more mundane than that. Last week i received this from Aliexpress:

1713098224661.png

And after receiving this email, all "Nakamichi" connectors in Aliexpress had suddenly disappeared or changed names.

My thoughts are will the poor guy who needed to scrap the paint of all the ones they had in stock :)

(sorry for the off-topic)

Ze Frog

I don't see how this comment is relevant to the issue raised. Yes, they say the 10A power supply performs the same powering two amps as the 'normal' 5A one does with a single amp, but the point I raised is the fact that they have no plans to offer buyers the opportunity to buy 2 amps plus the single 10A power supply. The availability or otherwise of 3rd-party power suplies is irrelevant.
That very question was answered in comments from Fosi Audio, no extra power advantage using a single 10amp over a single 5amp on each individual amplifier.

They do however have 10amp supplies available separately on their website if it's deemed a must have should be better anxious over the thought of that making a difference to them.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Being that we both find ourselves on ASR, your amps are indeed my concern. I hereby invoke forum agreement A6-1 and you are required to reveal your amps.
LoL... I'm sorrrry! It won't happen again.. rflmao... :D

Basilderat

I thought about those then read many reviews of how the Nakamichi brand name is just used to peddle good just like so many of the good ‘ole brands. Private investment firms milk the name for more profit.

I used to use Mediabridge bananas, then I stuck a magnet to them one day…all pot metal.
All I can say is that I've used them for many cable terminations and they've worked well each time ...

Attachments

• HiFi Setup 240415.jpg
    HiFi Setup 240415.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 127
  • HiFi Setup 240415_2.jpg
    HiFi Setup 240415_2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 124

alecm

Each V3 mono would have the same 5kOhm input impedance. Just as each input of a stereo version would have, i.e. the input impedance is a property of an individual input connection not some sort of summed value for the amplifier(s) as a whole.

This is bad. It will be a tough load for many dacs and preamps.

Guddu

The RCA input impedance is 25kOhm, while XLR input impedance is 5kOhm

Normally 9/10k ohm is manageable by most preamps, 5k ohm might be a bit difficult for DAC/Pre unit but doesn’t the gain compensate for it!

PE. I might be overthinking, should be fine!

Last edited:

Adrian Parker

Hello, as we wait, patiently, for the 20th and then some; I could not help but do some more research. In doing so I noticed that the Aiyima A07 Max has some good reviews in bridged-mode, and has upgraded cap(s). https://www.amazon.co.uk/AIYIMA-Cha...tegrated/dp/B0CJ6TSSY4/ref=asc_df_B0CJ6TSSY4/ ...for a little over£100.

For those more technical than me (everyone) TI publish the specs of the Amp here: https://www.ti.com/product/TPA3255

Fosi V3 Mono will be better, right? Even without line out (sub)?

BTW I need XLR so Fosi is safe for now! But when I get the 'D' bug who knows where it will end :)

Last edited:

Gambertuni

Forum Donor
I don't think in any home audio context speaker cable length is a real issue using the right wire gauge
How could one determine the right wire gauge for e.g. 10 meter long cables?
Is there an official index?

Gambertuni

Forum Donor
A very slight disagreement from me. I have small speakers in stands either side of my desk. Doing the mirror test, it’s impossible for me to see my desk surface in the mirror. If your speakers are on your desk, whether or not you get first reflections from the desktop depends on how far back or forward they are, and how high you raise the, I think.

Worth having a look:

Thank you :)

sikahr

In PBTL Mono from TPA3255 Datasheet, Max Power at 48V, 4 ohm, THD+N 1% is cca 260W, equals cca 8A current, so 5A PSU is probably not enough. (Voltage is cca 32V).
3&2 Ohms loads needs more Ampers.

quocheiser

Just an FYI for the peeps who want to join the Kickstarter Campaign: there is no PayPal payment option.
For me this is unfortunately a dealbreaker :(.

The Fosi Audio website does offer PayPal though so looks like I'll have to forego this early bird discount and wait for it to be available there.

Also I hope the t-shirt will be available via their website with a size guide!

Top Bottom