• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 93 20.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 347 75.9%

• Total voters

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes, we are speaking about a V3 PFFB Stereo version.
It should be understood that all future TPA3255 amps will include this implementation. It makes sense)
No doubt there will be one or equivalent going forward, great leaps in quality seem to be what these companies do so well. In 10 years time, imagine, manafacturers are really going to have to kick it up a notch.

What amazes me is how a company like Fosi Audio actually listens to customer feedback and implements high quality parts that big companies charging big money wouldn't bother with. I was skeptical to a degree, but after seeing this review and heading to their website I was actually quite impressed.

ripmixburn

Forum Donor
Wow, two of these and a great DAC/preamp with PEQ or RoomEQ and you are good to go. MiniDSP Flex I assume?

poodude

Why are people asking for a Stereo version?
I thought the original FOSI Audio V3 (STEREO) is what prompted people to ask for a Mono Amp version. Here it is.
If you want Stereo go for the original V3 which also gives you a sub-out.
Am i missing something?

It only has a pre-out which you can't control the volume on, so it can't be used well with a sub on its own. A high pass filter, true sub out and PFFB is what I'm hoping for.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Wow, two of these and a great DAC/preamp with PEQ or RoomEQ and you are good to go. MiniDSP Flex I assume?
Topping D50 III should do it too, although no idea how reliable the volume is

Left

For all the people asking for a stereo version with internal power supply ,has everyone forgot about the TP RA3? Surely, they have ironed out the bugs by now.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Wouldn't it make more sense to have a mono amp close to each speaker so you could use really short speaker cables?
Personally I don't get why people do this. I'd rather have the electronics collected in one place. You need to run a XLR or RCA cable to it anyway from the main unit as well as the powercable.

gwing

Forum Donor
For all the people asking for a stereo version with internal power supply ,has everyone forgot about the TP RA3? Surely, they have ironed out the bugs by now.

I believe it's unfortunately dead and buried, with or without its bugs, rather than ironed. And it's a rack mount format which rules it out for me at least.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I believe it's unfortunately dead and buried, with or without its bugs, rather than ironed. And it's a rack mount format which rules it out for me at least.
I only found the unit through aliexpress and they seemed to have increased the price. Hifigo, shenzenaudio etc didn't sell it

It only has a pre-out which you can't control the volume on, so it can't be used well with a sub on its own.

When first released it essentially had a line-out, mislabeled as a pre-out. However the 2024 V3 has a true, variable output pre-out (which Fosi calls an “enhanced pre-out”).

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
that unit has like half the power but at least you get the legendary Topping quality

also it seems like their TP rack mount experiment didnt go nowhere

as people have said.. if Fosi or others can get a trad stereo unit out like the V3 with pffb then that should be enough given it should do something like 70-85w or so... realistically what is the real world difference between 70w and 100w??? not much

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't want to be a seller of Hypex or Purifi at this point. Fosi and Aiyima are iterating so quickly that they're already highly competitive with Hypex and Purifi at, what, close to one fifth the price for comparable units at retail?
What stops them to bring out a well tuned NC252MP MK2?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

manisandher

So, a pair of these for $280 or a single Topping PA7 Plus for $550. Almost identical performance. Remarkable.

(Perfect for active systems like mine, requiring many amps.)

Mani.

Anton D

Thank Amir so much for the measurement! The V3 Mono is another amplifier co-created with members, following the V3 stereo amp. We would particularly like to thank @Toku, @ModDIY , @mike70 , @cyclo, and all the other members who have provided us with invaluable suggestions.

The V3 Mono is our first amp with PFFB implementation. During the period we sent the set to Amir for testing, our R&D team did not stop optimizing the V3 Mono, and we have now further improved its frequency response curve. Below is the chart for your reference.
View attachment 360736

The V3 Mono is currently in production, and it will be launched on Kickstarter on the 20th of this month. There will be very attractive discounts available then, and we hope you'll stay tuned!:)
Already signed up!

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice job @Fosi Audio , even a few years ago this kind of price/performance was nowhere to be found. Real hi-fi is getting really affordable... maybe with some Ascend speakers and a Topping D10 you can have a pretty serious stereo for less than $1500.

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
It has no volume controls? So how do you adjust the volume?
Otherwise the performance looks quite good especially at this price. Like I am really surprised. I think this is the #1 budget amp now?
This is a power amp.

Top Bottom