• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 221 49.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 178 39.6%

• Total voters

Hellboy.

It's pretty clear in most of the pictures provided. If you cannot see it, iduno what to tell you. It's pretty clear.

It looks a bit worse in person.

It's only $100, I'll move on. Probably (honestly) sell it on FB market for $50.

Never buying Chifi again though. I had a problem with a tb10d as well. Though, they did eventually send me a replacement after 7000 emails.

Guess I'll try a Yamaha R-S202 factory direct refurb for this setup.. though I did want it to be small. :/
I can clearly see the bent and they should have send you a new one without excuse.

saberger0357

I told them that I would like to return it, and they told me to put it in a vice and bend it back.. :rolleyes:

That is unacceptable. I would contact them again and let them know that, and that you simply want to return it for refund. If they say no, contact your credit card company and stop payment. Did you buy direct? If so, contact your credit card company and stop payment.

This all said, making generalizations about these companies not caring about their products because they're inexpensive is a gross inaccuracy AFAIC. I've contacted a few of them over various questions, and they have never been less then helpful, quick to respond, and always encourage me to continue to contact them if I had any further questions or issues. I've had no operational issues with any of the several products I've purchased from them over the last year. This problem with the knob seems like an extremely minor one to me(I'm quite sure I would've never noticed it if it happened to me) but certainly the company has an obligation to make things right so that the consumer is happy with their purchase. It makes good business sense. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a misunderstanding of some sort here, perhaps language related. But I would give them another chance to do the right thing, and then go from there.

My .02.

SuperDerpBro

I responded to their email telling me to bend it.. asking how to return it, and got this.

Hi REDACTED,
You can pry the potentiometer rod straight down by a flat-blade screwdriver. Please check the attached video to try.
Please remember that all our products come with a robust 24-month warranty, and we genuinely stand behind our offerings. We genuinely hope you'll give it a try, and we're here to support you every step of the way.

My response was to, once again, ask how to return it.

saberger0357

Bizarre. I really think, unfortunately, that there's still a misunderstanding because of language.

Hopefully they provide the right answer about return, and if not, I'd get the credit card involved and leave it to them.

SuperDerpBro

I forgot to mention what the problem was with my TB10D. The volume control lost balance at anywhere under 12 o'clock. The PSU also made a very annoying high pitched noise. It took about 7823 emails to get them to replace it.

The replacement did not include a PSU :rolleyes::rolleyes: .. I gave up and recycled the original AMP, and PSU. I then sold the replacement for $25 on FB marketplace.

Fun times

Edit: they still want me to bend it. Maybe next time they will provide instructions for return.

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know what the power draw of this amplifier is when it is idle, both when switched on and off?

kelontong

Does anyone know what the power draw of this amplifier is when it is idle, both when switched on and off?
based on my trusted watts-meter with 32V power brick:
* Idle is 1 Watt (very efficient)
* Good enough and not loud driving synergy bookshelf speaker set is ~4-7 watts. it stays 4W usually.

Disclaimer:
you may experience differences...

kelontong

I forgot to mention what the problem was with my TB10D. The volume control lost balance at anywhere under 12 o'clock. The PSU also made a very annoying high pitched noise. It took about 7823 emails to get them to replace it.

The replacement did not include a PSU :rolleyes::rolleyes: .. I gave up and recycled the original AMP, and PSU. I then sold the replacement for $25 on FB marketplace.

Fun times

Edit: they still want me to bend it. Maybe next time they will provide instructions for return.
can you get discounted price?

when dealing with Chinese seller, I always ask discount due to not delivering their promise. They are rarely to do exchange and return (RMA).

Note:
If I am in doubt, I usually buy from Amazon prime that having easy returns, I did bought mini-pc and found out not as they advertise and returning to Amazon was easy.

wpo7

based on my trusted watts-meter with 32V power brick:
* Idle is 1 Watt (very efficient)
* Good enough and not loud driving synergy bookshelf speaker set is ~4-7 watts. it stays 4W usually.

Disclaimer:
you may experience differences...
with 48v power supply I get approx 6 watts at idle

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Nice video, was interesting to see the scale of their production facilities...

nishamn27

The bass region, specificall around 60 to 100hz, seems to be very weak in low volumes for the v3. Giving an input signal of 2vrms.
I tried plugging in a couple of speakers as well as different power supplys.
The bass region tends to change after the volume reaches almost 3 o clock. Then the bass really thumbs out. I felt a change of tone as well at this point.
Didn't get any satisfactory response from fosi as well. Tried returning the amp and got another one. Same thing.
I'm not facing this issue with aiyima a07.

I doubt whether it could be related to any feedback resister value in the loop.

Anybody have felt the same ?

Thank you.

Zek

Major Contributor
I doubt whether it could be related to any feedback resister value in the loop.
I think that this is due to the fact that the V3 has a logarithmic volume potentiometer and not a linear one like most other amplifiers.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think that this is due to the fact that the V3 has a logarithmic volume potentiometer and not a linear one like most other amplifiers.
Meaning you have to turn it further to get to the higher powers. Whereas a linear one might get close to maximum power at 12 clock, and then do very little after that.

Zek

Major Contributor
Meaning you have to turn it further to get to the higher powers. Whereas a linear one might get close to maximum power at 12 clock, and then do very little after that.
linear-and-log-potentiometer.jpg

Top Bottom