• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 221 49.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 178 39.6%

• Total voters

longma

PA5 ii (and plus) haven’t been reviewed on ASR yet, might be same as old PA5 or may be not.
I think it should be the same. They know this website and how influence this website does to the audiophile community. They design and at least test the product as Amir tests bf release the product. Since the price is not going up, i think it is about the same.
A300 is a newer product, more features, more power than D9 or A2000, but priced lower. I think they know the measurements is not as good. I think it is how they market the products.

Last edited:

Jeza3975

Hey quick question could anyone tell me what the input impedance of this fosi v3 amp is?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i'm surprised to hear people run out of power on the V3

now on the base psu that's possible since its 35w

but with 85w on tap with the 48v psu i dont think many speakers will truly ask for more unless they are under 85dB or it has odd dips under 3 ohms or panels etc.

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning

but with 85w on tap with the 48v psu i dont think many speakers will truly ask for more unless they are under 85dB or it has odd dips under 3 ohms or panels etc.

Generally declared sensitivity is a joke, and ...

Room size?
Distance to listening position?
Desired sound pressure level at listening position?

It's not easy

alvigg

I use one (48V) in a very large room (maybe 30x30x15) with larger speakers (paradigm studio v60) and seems like plenty of power. I won't break my eardrums but not turned to max either.

Mordor

Stupid question:

I have successfully connect my Hisense tv using optical cable to my DAC Topping DX3 Pro+.I use Elac Debut 6.2. speakers.

I push almost to 2/3 clock hours the limit volume of the Fosi....but i don`t feel "the house shacking" like my previous system.
Yes i have the 48v powersource.

Should i change something im my DAC to increase output power signal? Only DAC?

Or this is only my imagination, and this normal? In reality i must confess i don`t get the "usual distortion" at high volumes with this combo.

Apart this...love this AMP. What a amazing sound for the price!

Thank you!

paulgyro

What was your previous setup like?
Stupid question:

I have successfully connect my Hisense tv using optical cable to my DAC Topping DX3 Pro+.I use Elac Debut 6.2. speakers.

I push almost to 2/3 clock hours the limit volume of the Fosi....but i don`t feel "the house shacking" like my previous system.

Or this is only my imagination, and this normal? In reality i must confess i don`t get the "usual distortion" at high volumes with this combo.

Thank you!

wpo7

Stupid question:

Thank you!
I have found v3 needs higher input signal for max volume.

Mordor

Well i found that one of the RCA new cable i buy on Amazon wasn`t conecting well to Fosi......have to buy another one`s or use old school 80`s cable.

Seems we needs strong signal input. Maybe i conect RCA input directly to Marants CD just to be sure.

Also, Elac Debut 6.2 need strong signal as far i notice.....lol

Mordor

Schlippwhip68

Rolling op amps in the V3 at the moment and am very pleasantly entertained with the LM4562. Really good instrument separation and very well balanced sound. Some have said its a bit light on the low end but i would say that is coming from people who like their music bass heavy as in context the LM4562 portrays all the frequencies evenly. Excellent detail retrieval.
I cannot make my mind up between the Muses 8820 and the 8920. Both have their pros and cons. The 8920 has deeper bass but a slightly narrower soundstage…but at the moment in the V3 the LM4562 has held my interest a little more than the Muses.

Last edited:

Jeza3975

Rolling op amps in the V3 at the moment and am very pleasantly entertained with the LM4562. Really good instrument separation and very well balanced sound. Some have said its a bit light on the low end but i would say that is coming from people who like their music bass heavy as in context the LM4562 portrays all the frequencies evenly. Excellent detail retrieval.
I can make my mind up between the Muses 8820 and the 8920. Both have their pros and cons. The 8920 has deeper bass but a slightly narrower soundstage…but at the moment in the V3 the LM4562 has held my interest a little more than the Muses.
You should give the opa1622 a crack! Really pleased with the micro detail and soundstage layering. To the point that I'm hearing backing vocal artists becoming more discernable in the mix. Also the breath and decay or artists voices has become more apparent. I previously had opa 2604s in and they sounded good also. The soundstage was wide and the bass was strong and tight but I couldn't help but feel I missed out on small details in my music I have grown familiar with. The 2604 just doesn't have as much resolution. Nothing wrong with it, just felt like too high of a tradeoff for me.

Guddu

You should give the opa1622 a crack! Really pleased with the micro detail and soundstage layering. To the point that I'm hearing backing vocal artists becoming more discernable in the mix. Also the breath and decay or artists voices has become more apparent. I previously had opa 2604s in and they sounded good also. The soundstage was wide and the bass was strong and tight but I couldn't help but feel I missed out on small details in my music I have grown familiar with. The 2604 just doesn't have as much resolution. Nothing wrong with it, just felt like too high of a tradeoff for me.
Hi, Where did you source 8pin OPA1622 from?

Top Bottom