• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Foobar or JRiver

Foobar VS JRiver

• Foobar

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • JRiver

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other (Mention below)

Votes: 18 22.0%

• Total voters

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
The Smiths' work I liked, but Morrissey solo not so much with his distasteful political views... :confused:
"The Queen is Dead" is in my top 5 album ever. But yeah, solo Morrissey isn't on par. Jonny Marr what the genius.

The drums can be a bit harsh on the CDs I have though.

Kodi. Free. No clicking noise on my dac on usb, because of the option to keep the audio channel active. Also the option for sending white noise.
Tidal plugin. With this config, i can switch tracks without relais clicking in my dac.

bravomail

Kodi. Free. No clicking noise on my dac on usb, because of the option to keep the audio channel active. Also the option for sending white noise.
Tidal plugin. With this config, i can switch tracks without relais clicking in my dac.
u got me puzzled. kodi (on Android) is heavy, and don't find it particularly user firendly. I use it on my Amazon FireTV for movies.

Ron Texas

Major Contributor
Kodi's claim to fame is it can scrape video sites.

q3cpma

A suckless (a software minimalism movement) player I made with a simple optional interface. I used mpd and cmus a lot before, but wanted something simpler and more modular; mainly to get random but fair album shuffle (albums with a lower playcount have a higher probability of being picked).

Attachments

I am using Kodi on a htpc. With a remote control. I have also Sharky codecs installed for media playback and a Tidal plugin. There are two plugins for Tidal. I use the Tidal2 version. That one has a better layout from whats on my Tidal account.

For my solution, Kodi with output Wasapi usb to my dac without clicking noise it is perfect.

I am using Kodi a long time, so i am used to it. I only use Tidal or Qobuz for music.

Top Bottom