• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal SOLO6 ST6 Monitor Review

Rate this monitor speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 41 18.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 64.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 37 16.5%

• Total voters

Descartes

Major Contributor
They have uneven radiation, esp vertical. Use 6.5" speakers up to 2,3kHz. Still just a reflex woofer (but very low tuning, probably OK).
I'm sure these can produce significant SPL level with low distortion and are probably fun to listen to but for THAT money ... I would stick with pro speakers and get a great system with good room integration.

These can also be expensive if recommended! ;-)
View attachment 340280
These are just so ugly, I can’t imagine them in my living room!

webersole

I considering these speakers for my home studio, but was wondering if it would help to pair them with the Focal Sub12. Will it fill out the low end the way I'm thinking it would / should? What's your opinion, too much sub for the size or a good addition?

Bmoze

Forum Donor
I’m using a RSL sub (10 mk ii) with them, in my home office. The sound is richer and fuller with the sub. Might get a second.

I think the Focal sub would be great!

The biggest sound benefit, of course, is from applying EQ to integrate the sub and adjust frequencies, phase and timing for your room and mlp.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I considering these speakers for my home studio, but was wondering if it would help to pair them with the Focal Sub12. Will it fill out the low end the way I'm thinking it would / should? What's your opinion, too much sub for the size or a good addition?
Would be perfect to extend the low end. I would expect clean and effortless bass.

But you could also consider the trio line as it will cost about the same.

Ziofrenko

There is no silver bullet, and waveguide as the kind of "horn adapted for manufacturingability" is not a silver bullet also.
They are using transmission line topology obviously (because of very special form and placement of the open port) and it works.
It's a pure engineering where there is no single best overall solution and will never be.
It is a normal reflex... What would be special about that poet with the classic shape of any blade reflex at the bottom of the baffle?

Top Bottom