• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question on eversolo dmp-a6 playing amazon music HD/UHD

barrando

Hi

I am playing Amazon music using the eversolo dmp-a6 as a streamer and ML 585 DAC.
I noticed that somehow my dmp a-6 only play 16bit/44.1 Khz pcm even with UHD/HD amazon music file of 24bit/96KHz.
I tried many other UHD songs but always dmp6 plays 16bit/44.1 Khz. (attached screenshot)
Did I miss something or my set up is wrong? Any advice or comments I will really appreciate.

Attachments

• image0 (1).png
    image0 (1).png
    438.5 KB · Views: 170

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I am playing Amazon music using the eversolo dmp-a6 as a streamer and ML 585 DAC.
I noticed that somehow my dmp a-6 only play 16bit/44.1 Khz pcm even with UHD/HD amazon music file of 24bit/96KHz.
I tried many other UHD songs but always dmp6 plays 16bit/44.1 Khz. (attached screenshot)
Did I miss something or my set up is wrong? Any advice or comments I will really appreciate.
My guess is either that there is a setting in the A6 for Amazon music quality (the manual doesnt seem to mention) or, like when you chromecast Amazon Music, it maxes out at 16/44.1.

Hopefully its the former but I dont think so.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i wish i could find where that screen shot can be found in the app.
When i play a 192k song from amazon, via the internal a6 dac, i see 192k playback

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i wish i could find where that screen shot can be found in the app.
When i play a 192k song from amazon, via the internal a6 dac, i see 192k playback
Then use the A6. It’s a lot more transparent than the one in the ML ;)

Check the SDPIF output settings. Possibly that is locked to 44.1 kHz.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Then use the A6. It’s a lot more transparent than the one in the ML ;)

Check the SDPIF output settings. Possibly that is locked to 44.1 kHz.
you intended for you comment to go to the OP, not me.
I dont have an ml :cool:

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When you cast amazon music in eversolo control app, just touch HD or UHD mark on the screen.
i dont have a hd or uhd mark on my screen when casting amazon music in my a6 control app
Maybe because i dont have a subscription and only playing the free prime member offering?

OP
B

barrando

Hi All

I received this response from eversolo.
It seems current amazon music in eversolo does not fully support UHD format. But good news is they completed the development of direct amazon music service and waiting amazon’s final approval for the installation. See below email.

Best,

Hi,

Thanks for your passion and support for DMP-A6.
We had completed development of Amazon Music, and it is currently awaiting certification. The certification timeline is determined by Amazon Music.

Regards,
Eversolo Team

Hello

I am playing Amazon music through eversolo dmp a6.
I use the dmp-a6 only for the streamer and connect to DAC (via coax cable) inside of my Mark levinson 585.
In using this, somehow I noticed that always the dmp a6 play my music always with 16bit/44.1Khz even amazon UHD is 24bit/96KHz.
I tried many different UHD or HD but it always play 16bit/44.1Khz (I attached the screenshot).
Can you give me any advice on what I should do?(setting I tried most)

Tpete1965

Hi

I have the dmp a6 and a vmv dac I used usb and I get 24dit / 96khz

OP
B

barrando

Thank you so much for your advice! Are you using usb3 cable or usb 2 cable?
I like to try your way...

OP
B

barrando

I really appreciate all these and will let you know after trying.
:)

scottm_dj

Does anyone know if this particular streamer-- because it can output multi-channel through its HDMI--can handle the
Atmos tracks on Amazon, Tidal or Apple Music?

Top Bottom