• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

telemike

I could see going to this with a nice power amp to replace my integrated. I can use the analog in for my turntable + phono pre and digital for my TV, Blu-ray and CD player.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, but the Orange knob looks better :D
Indeed. ;)
DSCF7122-Enhanced-NR.jpg

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

Sonic-Wall

Unfortunately the DMP-A8 does not have an I2S input, but at least it has an I2S output.
If the internal DAC/Pre-amp delivers according to the spec, then you can consolidate the HiFi stack quite a bit and even use the A8 as a music server.
A minimalistic digital system would be the D8 + active speaker :)

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't understand why anyone would be excited about spending $2,000 for a streamer. Nor why people prefer a screen on the device over using a smartphone or tablet to control a device that doesn't have a display. Or why they prefer a dumb remote control over using that smartphone for control.

Then again, I don't understand the popularity of haggis, heavy metal music or pickleball. Shrug.
I dont understand those that cannot understand :cool:

poopy

But the speakers will be XLR out, not in.
Yes, indeed. But my point, maybe unclear, was about digital in to use DSP feature. AES/EBU in/out has a huge advantage over coaxial/optical in some situations.

If you have AES/EBU and XLR inputs available on your monitors, why would you deliberately choose an ADC step if you can avoid it?

If you think of using this DAC with USB in and XLR out to feed a power amplifier connected to passive speakers, then it's all fine.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How is this better than this with 120 w/ch amp, Dirac with good measured performance $1545 plus a 2TB usb SSD for $100 or NAS.
"Although lacking analog inputs, Chromecast Built-in, Apple AirPlay, and a headphone output, the SHD Power includes features not normally found in a budget integrated amplifier-DAC: Roon Ready network streaming capability, parametric equalization, Dirac Live room correction, and adjustable high-pass/low-pass crossover filters. The SHD Power also runs the open-source Volumio music player, which is accessed through a web-based interface and supports Tidal, Qobuz, HighResAudio, Spotify (via a plugin), and internet radio. Considering its reasonable price, the SHD Power is remarkably fully featured."

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, indeed. But my point, maybe unclear, was about digital in to use DSP feature. AES/EBU in/out has a huge advantage over coaxial/optical in some situations.

If you have AES/EBU and XLR inputs available on your monitors, why would you deliberately choose an ADC step if you can avoid it?

If you think of using this DAC with USB in and XLR out to feed a power amplifier connected to passive speakers, then it's all fine.

Well you don't have to, but people need to get used to the fact that modern day ADC/DAC in the digital crossovers of active speakers is just as transparent (if not more transparent) as a passive crossover.

Top Bottom