• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 349 66.5%

• Total voters
updated to v1.1.80:
radio paradise works as a charm, thanks for that, it is my morning coffee radio station.

ipad upgrade is however not clear to me, displays a very small album art and I cannot see an improvement over the last version 1.75.

however, as an ‘older’ audio enthousiast, I am still surprised and delighted with streaming in high quality, the improvements in audio equipment, the fact that these Chinese new company’s produce first quality equipment and update and listen to this forum and ask for input. great work Mirror!!
i ve spent a small fortune in the 80s and 90s and now an Eversolo dmp a6 and a pair of active speakers make for a top audio experience.

mirror88

Audio Company
updated to v1.1.80:
radio paradise works as a charm, thanks for that, it is my morning coffee radio station.

ipad upgrade is however not clear to me, displays a very small album art and I cannot see an improvement over the last version 1.75.

however, as an ‘older’ audio enthousiast, I am still surprised and delighted with streaming in high quality, the improvements in audio equipment, the fact that these Chinese new company’s produce first quality equipment and update and listen to this forum and ask for input. great work Mirror!!
i ve spent a small fortune in the 80s and 90s and now an Eversolo dmp a6 and a pair of active speakers make for a top audio experience.
I guess you're still using portrait mode, switch it to landscape in the "My Devices" screen. You will get a completely different APP.

2.png

3.png

1.png

Leeken

Here is a short Video I made on how to add an SSD and how to Rip a CD using an External drive on Eversolo DMP-A6, experience has been flawless so far.

Would it be possible to rip Blu-ray or dvd music to it,or does that have some copy protection?

era

My experience thus far has beven similar to your observation. I have posted an issue in the Eversolo site forum since June 27, and not much even as an acknowledgement has been made from Eversolo. No response. My issue is on the Song slider in the native app. In the native app both Tidal and Qobuz, the song slider is pretty much useless, making fast forward and rewind to certain parts of the track impossible. Not the case for side loaded app of Qobuz, but it would be impractical to be side Loading apk every time a New version becomes available. Defeats the purpose of the native app.

@mirror88, hope this could be given some attention too.

Is there a "proper" way of reporting issues with the A6? Like having a ticketing system so you know that your issue is being attended.
I have updated to the latest firmware, and can confirm that it has fixed my song slider issue. Thanks Eversolo and @mirror88 !!

XanderzDad

Thanks @mirror88 , the Radio Paradise native app is much better.
Loving access to the artist info, lyrics and comments.
Question - the original app allows you to 'sync' the stream to the live broadcast. Is this going to be possible in the new app?
Thanks

mirror88

Audio Company
Thanks @mirror88 , the Radio Paradise native app is much better.
Loving access to the artist info, lyrics and comments.
Question - the original app allows you to 'sync' the stream to the live broadcast. Is this going to be possible in the new app?
Thanks
Will support enter stream link and save it in internet radio-Favorite.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

phozy888

Last edited:

Werther44210

Very interesting, passage to the DMP test on the StereoNET site, presentation and not technical assessment obviously rather subjective on the feeling in terms of sound which is very good and constructive explaining the potential of the Eversolo in particular with its DAC. It's a leading website in the US for the latest Hi-Fi, Headphones and Home Cinema news, reviews and information, streams quite a bit in the UK and Australia, they review quite a few high end components range to mid range.

@mirror88 very good for your product recognition, the reviewer is excellent: "Its sound performance is excellent considering its modest price, being significantly less shrill than its rivals. Connectivity is superb; its design effectively combines network storage in the same box, greatly simplifying the user experience. It even successfully solves common problems encountered when integrating music services like Apple Music. The software has proven to be stable and responsive, which makes it a pleasure to use. Overall a big thumbs up."

Werther44210

I'd guess some sort of replacement or fixing. It's like John Lewis buying their electrical goods ie TV with 5 year warranty, but manufacturers is still one. I'd assume ....

Also offer 2 years. Customer pays to return and they send it back.
Warranty in France two years with all suppliers with generally 40 euros discount on the launch price with us, 859 euros with the discount, obviously possibility of extending to 5 years if payment of an additional guarantee (about 100 euros) , I did not take this guarantee given the low price of the device ...

jiji

Would be nice if DMP A6 has crossfading option, when playing local files(from NAS) using internal music player.

Reactions: UEG
Does anyone else here connect the streamer to their Win11 PC via USB-C? Not that this is really needed, but I wanted to see if I could set the output device to the max sample rate advertised. However, I only saw 24-32bit - 192kHz and under as a selection in the System->Sound->Properties (DMP-A6) dropdown.

I downloaded the manual, and it said to download the XMOS USB driver from the Zidoo Downloads website, which I did. Now I have 16bit options, but I still only see a max of 192kHz. Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it's supposed to work?

1691779960090.png

This is all rather academic, after all, but it's still odd that I can't get the advertised specs.

Werther44210

Does anyone else here connect the streamer to their Win11 PC via USB-C? Not that this is really needed, but I wanted to see if I could set the output device to the max sample rate advertised. However, I only saw 24-32bit - 192kHz and under as a selection in the System->Sound->Properties (DMP-A6) dropdown.

I downloaded the manual, and it said to download the XMOS USB driver from the Zidoo Downloads website, which I did. Now I have 16bit options, but I still only see a max of 192kHz. Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it's supposed to work?

View attachment 305182

This is all rather academic, after all, but it's still odd that I can't get the advertised specs.
I'm afraid it's limited like the 192Khz upsampling in the settings menu, I don't have any 384Khz tracks, in PCM I only have 192Khz, otherwise DSDs, I use Roon which manages the oversampling above beyond 192Khz, I tested it works in 384Khz on the DMP from Roon. Maybe users have 384Khz and can confirm.

Werther44210

yes, you must have a file in 384 Khz or 768 Khz in the library, ask the question to mirror why its frequencies do not appear on the USB C for computer, perhaps to be corrected.....

evalrat

To make this machine a real killer Eversolo should add software to allow it to function as a mediaserver from its internal storage, creating the perfect hub in your "audio-network".
I will buy one when they do that.

Top Bottom