• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 147 27.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 363 66.9%

• Total voters
Me too, just that I don’t have multi-channel tracks (yet), or if you mean upmixing with Neural:X or Auro 3D then I don’t prefer that as much. Dolby Atmos tracks from Apple Music is actually very nice, it’s a whole new experience if I want to enjoy that I use the Apple TV 4K. As for DAC I found that using my Topping D90SE has no real difference so I just use A6’s direct to amplifier.

Thank you for your kind words about my video, appreciate it. :)

As I said it’s still new just released yesterday, right now only on Amazon US through EverSolo’s own store. Wait a few days, other retailers are just waiting for the stocks to arrive from China.
@nawfal07, It's true you're right it's overmixing in DTS or Auro, except for Bluray encoded in 5.1 or 7.1, I tried ATMOS from box Shield when I had Tidal, it's an interesting experience. The EverSolo with its double DAC, from what I have as information, gives a clear and detailed reproduction, very good stereo balance, I am not surprised. I have the same DAC on the Rose, but only one that handles both channels. Even if it is difficult to compare the two players, they have a different sound, the less detailed Rose, more global and soft reproduction, otherwise, it is close in terms of quality for a budget half as high, today, I will definitely buy the EverSolo.

Just got my DMP A6 today. I tried the internal dac with tidal. For full MQA, am I suppose to get 192 khz instead of 96khz ?

What am I doing wrong? (See screenshot below)

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20230616-WA0060.jpeg
    IMG-20230616-WA0060.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 217
Just got my DMP A6 today. I tried the internal dac with tidal. For full MQA, am I suppose to get 192 khz instead of 96khz ?

Thanks

There are two versions of that song.

1686959409048.png

Choose the one with 3:07-minute long for the 192 kHz version (although it’ll still show 3:06 during playback).

1686959440797.png

Last edited:

Thanks
Most of the MQA stuff on Tidal is just 96 khz, only a few selected titles are 192 khz and most of it presumably up-sampled remastering from the source. I found some Ella Fitzgerald, Keith Jarrett, Frank Sinatra, Norah Jones... Search for "MQA/192Khz (Romad's Music Guide)" in Tidal for a taster.

node 130i usb + topping d90se
or
eversolo dmp a6 internal dac

what sounds best? Anybody tried this?

The Eversolo is the way more capable streamer. It does basically everything from n
Mqa to DSD, roon, local library, Isos etc

While the node 130i will go brrrrr when you throw something other than basic files at it

Still waiting for my pre order from Altitudo Audio, curious if when copying your CDs can you specify certain tracks or does it automatically just do the entire disc?

Let's see till when we see a version of this unit from topping and smsl. :)
I can't imagine that there won't be more devices like that instead of more and more of the same DACs..

Let's see till when we see a version of this unit from topping and smsl. :)
I can't imagine that there won't be more devices like that instead of more and more of the same DACs..
I think node 2024 will be nad c700 clone without amp and same dac as node x with price around DMP-A6. Should be good comp if we get this from Bluesound/Nad.

has anyone coupled this DMP-A6 directly with an NCx500 like apollon (without preamplifier)? How do i will expect to obtain?
is it in your opinion a good choose in terms of musicality results and electrically (impedence, etc)?

Most of the MQA stuff on Tidal is just 96 khz, only a few selected titles are 192 khz and most of it presumably up-sampled remastering from the source. I found some Ella Fitzgerald, Keith Jarrett, Frank Sinatra, Norah Jones... Search for "MQA/192Khz (Romad's Music Guide)" in Tidal for a taster.
Thanks!

The great interest of the MQA was to obtain high resolution on old recordings in 16/44 khz CD format by transforming them into 24/96 khz
How is this any different than upsampling with a player like Roon? You can't get hi-res from a source that isn't hi-res.

And looks like it will come to end soon.
The death of MQA can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
And looks like it will come to end soon.
Tidal will keep its MQA library, new releases will be in Flac format like Qobuz or the others, Tidal is more advanced on ATMOS. I gave up Tidal, I had Qobuz and Tidal at the same time for a year, Qobuz allows you to buy Hi-Res at a reduced price, on the sublime subscription, obviously, I no longer have Atmos....

Tidal will keep its MQA library, new releases will be in Flac format like Qobuz or the others, Tidal is more advanced on ATMOS. I gave up Tidal, I had Qobuz and Tidal at the same time for a year, Qobuz allows you to buy Hi-Res at a reduced price, on the sublime subscription, obviously, I no longer have Atmos....

Qobuz still seems to have some kind of watermarks in files (noise encoded into the music, against piracy?). At least with files from universal. In some countries and for new releases.

It seems to get removed after the release is out a while but there are whole Threads about it in other places (SHF , Reddit etc).

So while that Qobuz sublime is really great that is a bummer. I asked qobuz customer service already two times about this and never got a response after they told me they are investigating.

I

Qobuz still seems to have some kind of watermarks in files (noise encoded into the music, against piracy?). At least with files from universal. In some countries and for new releases.

It seems to get removed after the release is out a while but there are whole Threads about it in other places (SHF , Reddit etc).

So while that Qobuz sublime is really great that is a bummer. I asked qobuz customer service already two times about this and never got a response after they told me they are investigating.

I
I was not aware of this problem, Qobuz is a small company compared to the giants of the sector, their few 192khz files are of excellent quality and purchasable to put in your personal library. On Roon, the choice is between Tidal or Qobuz, or both.... We'll see what Tidal en Flac offers in the future.
How is this any different than upsampling with a player like Roon? You can't get hi-res from a source that isn't hi-res.

The death of MQA can't come soon enough.
The interest of the MQA format is not so much to offer the listener higher quality sound, but to produce smaller file sizes, which is of interest for streaming. Sophisticated filters come into play when decoding the file and provide better timing accuracy. To reduce the size of the MQA file well beyond what current compressions (FLAC and ALAC) allow, this is called deteriorating compression (lossy). The original stream (24/96, 24/192...) sees its sampling reduced to 48 kHz and its quantization to 17 bits. However, this reduction is sophisticated, since the first 13 quantization bits are compressed without loss and the following 4 are with deterioration. Simply put, an MQA file contains a core of lossless (13-bit/48kHz) digital audio data and lossy (4-bit/48kHz) metadata. These are used during playback to reconstitute a 24-bit / 96 kHz stream. An MQA file requiring about 50% less bandwidth compared to a 24-bit / 96 kHz FLAC, therefore interesting for streaming. Is it better than Roon type oversampling, some say yes, some say no. The latter consider that it lacks naturalness compared to an unmodified file, less fluidity, precision, it is obviously subjective.

Haven’t noticed any ‘water markings’ in Quboz releases, recent or otherwise.
@jammer yes you can use the DMP as a preamp and as we are always nice to new members it is extremely ‘musical’ it also makes the sound louder and quieter and let’s you switch between inputs/outputs.
Keith

Haven’t noticed any ‘water markings’ in Quboz releases, recent or otherwise.
@jammer yes you can use the DMP as a preamp and as we are always nice to new members it is extremely ‘musical’ it also makes the sound louder and quieter and let’s you switch between inputs/outputs.
Keith

Beatles - Let it Be , was one that at least used to have watermarks in some countries (Germany and a couple other EU countries) but they replaced the files after a while. some people in the SH forum noticed it because the dynamic range looked higher. there was noise encoded into the file at 2-5khz.
its definitely a thing.

Back
Top Bottom