• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E1DA Cosmos ADC

pma

Major Contributor
Anybody using CosmosADC with Virtins Multiinstrument? Any input on driver and setup appreciated.
The only thing I can tell is that it works :).

E1DA_MI.png

E1DA_MI_IMD.png

Last edited:

MC_RME

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Guys, I have an interesting and I bet unexpecting update for the Cosmos ADC ;) I found that just by the new FW is possible to expand the sampling frequency up to 768kHz. However, the modulation noise isn't as cool as at 384k but quite Ok for the frequency response tests up to 380kHz, with the correction file in REW(the analog input response is limited by the 1st ord LPF at 180kHz). To get 705k and 768k Fs work Windows needs Comtrue ASIO installed, that's a weird installation method found by our dear StaticV3(pls search the cosmos in our discord channel). Mac, Linux, and Android users should have no problem. The FW contains DSP RIAA as well, so don't be surprised if at the middle of the volume slider you'll get the RIAA EQing ;) Min Volume = STEREO, Max = MONO, as usual.

Is that firmware v13 the latest version? It causes a single sample delay L/R in stereo and mono mode. RIAA mode is sample aligned.

TNT

Why a "riaa" FW update when riaa was OK aligned?

//

Grooved

Why a "riaa" FW update when riaa was OK aligned?

//
The problem was found in the Stereo and Mono settings of the "RIAA FW" (with Stereo/RIAA/Mono settings), the latest one, so it should be this firmware that needs an update.
It was called "RIAA FW" because RIAA setting was added into this one, not because it's a firmware with RIAA mode only

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
Thanks, the new version with 'phase' in its name worked!

Groom

I have no idea why, need to investigate that.
Hello,

I´m very interested in the adc but have a few questions ;-):

- Are there any differences between older and newer units and if, from which ser.no.?
- Will there be a Mac software and if not, are all settings made on a PC stored in the hardware?
- Are there any Mac user experiences at all?

Thank you!

1231rq32r1qw32r

Hello,

I´m very interested in the adc but have a few questions ;-):

- Are there any differences between older and newer units and if, from which ser.no.?
- Will there be a Mac software and if not, are all settings made on a PC stored in the hardware?
- Are there any Mac user experiences at all?

Thank you!

Mac user here. Works fine.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
As for the differences between ADC versions, you should only care about the the grade of the ADC and the price you want to pay for it. More details on the shopping website or on ASR threads as well.

Groom

@Groom there's no need for any drivers on MacOS, just plug it and play with it. Most of my measurements and tests were done under MacOS with REW and had zero issues.

Here's a good read if you want: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/e1da-cosmos-adc-teardown.27967/.

Also, worth reading https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...and-personal-thoughts-and-measurements.37739/ as well.
Thank you!

I know it´s class compliant but was wondering about the necessity of the software to make adjustments.
Which firmware do you use?

Groom

As for the differences between ADC versions, you should only care about the the grade of the ADC and the price you want to pay for it. More details on the shopping website or on ASR threads as well.
I also know about the differences but was asking myself if there had been any changes in the production period, like with many other developers new to the market.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
I also know about the differences but was asking myself if there had been any changes in the production period, like with many other developers new to the market.
I don't think so. Are you're worried that some caps or other passive components might be of a lower quality on the newer batches? If that's what you're worried about, I seriously doubt that, given the effort involved by Ivan in this project. However, let's ask @IVX if he's using the same high quality components in the last ADC batches.

Thanks!

Groom

Groom

I don't think so. Are you're worried that some caps or other passive components might be of a lower quality on the newer batches? If that's what you're worried about, I seriously doubt that, given the effort involved by Ivan in this project. However, let's ask @IVX if he's using the same high quality components in the last ADC batches.

Thanks!
I was rather expecting an improvement in the later batches, according to the suggestions in various threads ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom