• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E1DA Cosmos ADC

staticV3

Master Contributor
@Groom all improvements are firmware related and can be applied to all units, new or old. The hardware has stayed the same since launch.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
@Groom, you can anytime check the development and support of these boards here: https://discord.gg/AAus72ZEpu, where you can also contact Ivan in person. On Discord he is way faster in answering to your inquiries than he is here on ASR.

However, given the new Cosmos APU (see may previous post with teardown and measurements link) that can be "attached" to the Cosmos ADC, the 120 dB SINAD can be easily surpassed, so you may grab them both if you intend to measure audio devices above the 120 dB SINAD limit.

Groom

@Groom, you can anytime check the development and support of these boards here: https://discord.gg/AAus72ZEpu, where you can also contact Ivan in person. On Discord he is way faster in answering to your inquiries than he is here on ASR.

However, given the new Cosmos APU (see may previous post with teardown and measurements link) that can be "attached" to the Cosmos ADC, the 120 dB SINAD can be easily surpassed, so you may grab them both if you intend to measure audio devices above the 120 dB SINAD limit.
Thank you for the link!

I don´t want to make measurements. I´ll leave that to Amir and the experts here ;).

I´m just interested in the development of converters outside the pro audio / m.i. world and this is the first ADC so far, among myriads of great DACs.
Will test it with my preamps and fx-chain.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Will test it with my preamps and fx-chain.
Looking forward for your thoughts on this ADC and details about the setup used.

Also, as a preamp, you can try the APU as well, given it's internal low-noise and the selectable 34dB/60dB.

Groom

Looking forward for your thoughts on this ADC and details about the setup used.

Also, as a preamp, you can try the APU as well, given it's internal low-noise and the selectable 34dB/60dB.
User error ;)

Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I encountered a severe lack of resolution and narrowing of the stereo image when inserting the two (reverb tails completely gone etc.).
I expected a phase problem and tried different balanced cables and adaptors - they all yielded the same results.

Sounds like you might have Cosmos ADC set to mono mode, so the left channel is a combination of left and right:

MONO/STEREO modes are switchable by the UAC2 volume commands, for example, if your Windows volume slider position is less than 50%(0 to 49%) the device works as 2 channel ADC, if more than 50% it is a MONO ADC with summed Left+Right inputs mapped on the Left channel(Right input is always mapped to the Right channel). In the MONO mode, both channels need to be tied together L+ to R+, L- to L-.
Source: https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index/cosmos-adc

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I use a Mac. How should that happen?
Or is mono mode the default setting?
But this is exactly how it sounds.
Thank you!

On a Mac, you can set the level to below 50% under MIDI Setup app:

1673997810010.png

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods

Groom

Do you have two usernames?
I see you have deleted the message plane was replying, wondering why.
No, only one.
I edited it because my findings were based on user error (sic) and therefore meaningless ;)

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Quick question regarding purchasing place for the E1DA Cosmos ADC. I placed an order yesterday over HiFiGo.com for a Cosmos ADC and Cosmos APU. Is HiFiGo a trusted place to purchase these? I see good reviews for HiFiGo every where so I'm just asking to know if these ship directly from @IVX or if HiFiGo.com has their own stock. I went with HiFiGo because they include taxes and custom duties pre paid in their shipping rates to the US.

Top Bottom