• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

DX3 Pro vs Atom + DAC

My friend came to me and we had a similar decision to make. Went with the d50 and the atom. He was absolutely flabbergasted by the sound quality and to be honest so was I.

It sounds good even compared to my rme adi 2 dac and benchmark hpa4. Not as good, but good enough considering the price difference. To even be compared to either of those devices is amazing.

Oh...no problem! I laughed too! Now I'm rethinking again! D50/Atom instead?

I'm still wanting a DX7s for my speakers...but for iems maybe still another DX3 Pro or D50/Atom...

I ordered a Khadas tone board from Amazon. When I received it, there was a raspberry pi 3 in the box. It had come from Amazon Warehouse and had a Checked sticker on it, LOL. Likely they "checked" to see if there was a board in the packet, not which board. Nice scam.

Top Bottom