• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DX3 Pro vs Atom + DAC

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I did, with similar results. Mind you, the differences are pretty minor, I could live happily with either.
So it's the khadas that's cleaner than the dac of dx3pro?
Is it possibly that khadas has higher high frequency distortion to fuck up some of the high frequency content?

gvl

Major Contributor
Dunno, I slightly preferred Khadas sound, it felt a tad more neutral. Would I be able to pick one in a blind test? Not sure.

Androxylo

Dunno, I slightly preferred Khadas sound, it felt a tad more neutral. Would I be able to pick one in a blind test? Not sure.

I was using dx3pro as DAC/preamp (not headphone amp). Then I switched to Khadas and moved dx3pro to my phone rig. As DAC, Khadas was a lot better, it took me few days to get used to it, but then it was just killing it.
I'm still not happy with dx3pro with my Denon D7000 phones. Don't know what's wrong. Maybe I'm hitting the limit of what Denon can do?

Top Bottom