• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DX3 PRO PLUS to speaker on PC

Jokerquy

I just bought a Topping dx3 pro plus to pair with my s350db speakers. When I hook with RCA cables, there will always be a hissing sound, and the sound coming from the speaker will be bent or unlistenable.

With my previous DAC (Soundblaster x3) I insert the optical cables and it works just fine, but not with my Dx3 Pro Plus. I tried 3.5 jack with my iem and it works normally, sounds crisp and detailed. Is it because of my speakers? I already tried installing the drivers and firmware for my PC but the sound is still terrible on RCA input, no sound on optical.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Might be a ground loop, put the Topping DX3 Pro and Edifier s350db speakers on separate surge protectors.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I just bought a Topping dx3 pro plus to pair with my s350db speakers.
A bit overdressed.
When I hook with RCA cables, there will always be a hissing sound, and the sound coming from the speaker will be bent or unlistenable.
That almost sounds like the input on the Edifiers is cranked way, way, way up and is being overdriven left and right once there is anything resembling a signal at all. Either that, or something is defective. Got anything else that you could run the RCA line-out into? I would also verify the output mode setting, it may be in DAC mode with fixed level.

Also check the sound output format in audio device properties, it might default to 16/44, which would increase the noise floor.
With my previous DAC (Soundblaster x3) I insert the optical cables and it works just fine, but not with my Dx3 Pro Plus.
The X3 has an optical output. The DX3 Pro+ has an optical input. Spot the problem?

Top Bottom