• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSP Info

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would like to have a set of bookshelves for a small to medium size room with as little distortion as possible, can get to a reasonable loudness, and only be forward firing.

Have you read through this thread entitled "Building a 2-way small active speaker with software crossover" started by @pma?

BTW, I assume my PC-DSP-based multichannel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully active stereo audio project (ref. here for the latest system setup) would be one of the (extreme?) cases of your interest since it would (at least) fit for your demand of "DSP (XO/EQ/Group-Delay/Relative-Gain) controlled system having a reasonable loudness, and only be forward firing".

Last edited:
OP
B

BKr0n

I have browsed through it a bit before. The software I will most likely use will be different, but all in all, same concept.
BTW, I assume my PC-DSP-based multichannel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully active stereo audio project (ref. here for the latest system setup) would be one of the (extreme?) cases of your interest since it would (at least) fit for your demand of "DSP (XO/EQ/Group-Delay/Relative-Gain) controlled system having a reasonable loudness, and only be forward firing".
Lol not that bad. Actually I've been doing a little research and this actually wouldn't be as daunting of a task as I thought. It's only going to be 3 out and 3 in (3 way crossover), an on/off switch, a rotary encoder (for volume), and a USB port (tentatively). It doesn't need to be overly complicated, but does need to be well made, so I will definitely be hitting the books hard on this one.

Morpheus

Forum Donor
Hi, love your avatar, tinnitus, (also here unfortunately), and have been toying with the idea of trying some Ripoles myself.(are those..?)
How do you find Audiovero DSP to work with and its SQ results compared to other solutions if you have tried alternatives?
I had been toying with the idea of DSP/Room correction, but wanted something simple and surefooted, I could get the most out even without being very knowdgeable in DSP, and with not much effort and complication. So I decided to forego crossover capability and go simple and cheaper, and chose Focus Fidelity, whose filters I have been using with Roon. They do a pretty good job, and I also have a couple of Hypex 523 3way amps if I want to implement a digital crossover but I always wonder if Audiovero could do an overall better system. About Audiovero, communication with a team of just one, non native english speaker and advanced in age, also posed me some long term support issues visa what looks to be a rather complicated albeit complete software, hence I went the easy way (wich it is, after the hassle of REW and trying to use Rephase). But I always wonder...

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, love your avatar, tinnitus, (also here unfortunately), and have been toying with the idea of trying some Ripoles myself.(are those..?)
How do you find Audiovero DSP to work with and its SQ results compared to other solutions if you have tried alternatives?
I had been toying with the idea of DSP/Room correction, but wanted something simple and surefooted, I could get the most out even without being very knowdgeable in DSP, and with not much effort and complication. So I decided to forego crossover capability and go simple and cheaper, and chose Focus Fidelity, whose filters I have been using with Roon. They do a pretty good job, and I also have a couple of Hypex 523 3way amps if I want to implement a digital crossover but I always wonder if Audiovero could do an overall better system. About Audiovero, communication with a team of just one, non native english speaker and advanced in age, also posed me some long term support issues visa what looks to be a rather complicated albeit complete software, hence I went the easy way (wich it is, after the hassle of REW and trying to use Rephase). But I always wonder...
Ever considering Mathaudio Room EQ. Quite simple to use. For free using with foobar2000 for around 100 euro system wide use Windows or Mac.

https://mathaudio.com/room-eq.htm

Morpheus

Forum Donor
Ever considering Mathaudio Room EQ. Quite simple to use.

Thanks, just browsed it, will look into it a bit more. Usually, just the name would make me look elsewhere ;) . It does not seem to do frequency dependent windowing or digital crossovers however, and I wiil have to see how to make this work in Roon.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, just browsed it, will look into it a bit more. Usually, just the name would make me look elsewhere ;) . It does not seem to do frequency dependent windowing or digital crossovers however, and I wiil have to see how to make this work in Roon.
If it works for you in foobar2000 (for free) using the paid systemwide solution will work for sure with Roon (using PC or Mac). Nothing to loose i guess :facepalm:

Top Bottom