• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Don't Believe Anything you Read on The Internet!

• Thread starter Deleted member 17820
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

1603305599358.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Robin L

Master Contributor
Speaking of "Judgement", from a source that had a inordinate effect on my religious life:

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
And this is all reminding me why I now avoid religious discussions religiously.
I'm an Anglican priest of 21 years standing and I tend to agree, particularly on a forum about audio science.
True.
Now is hard time for anyone whose main profession is religion or politics
Only if you try and shoe-horn religion into the wrong place!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Robin L

Master Contributor
I just wanted to talk about logic, other peopke started on faith.
Well, you know---ASR's full of skeptics, scientists, meatatarians and other species of heretics [I'm 70% Discordian], so it's gonna be a tough crowd. I'm guessing some folks are focusing more on context than content.

BillH

Forum Donor
Well, you know---ASR's full of skeptics, scientists, meatatarians and other species of heretics [I'm 70% Discordian], so it's gonna be a tough crowd. I'm guessing some folks are focusing more on context than content.
I agree, so let's see if our OP can educate us on the science of the topic at hand

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Showed this slide to the little moppets tonight in the grad school biotechnology course that I teach.

1603327082168.png

House de Kris

My mama told me she didn't know who my pa was. I believed it was God. That makes me like, what, the third or fourth Son o' God then, right?

You read it on the internet, believe it if you so desire.

In the Christian view, and Bible, it teaches that even with the Gospel in the world, the world will still become a worser(is that a word?) place.
So the Bible never claims religion will solve any world problems and Jesus' own words are that the world will get worse and not better (for the time being).

Why the he'll would anyone want to be part of a religion that hoists such a "doom and gloom" view of existence? Good way to foster negative energy in the masses. With this new tidbit shared by SoonHappy (kinda bizarre name for a Christian - or does it imply a death is soon impending, and with death from this hellhole of life on earth, happiness will come?), I seriously can't tell the difference between Christians and Satanists.

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Don't believe anything you read on the internet.

If I read on the Internet that I am not to believe anything I read in the Internet, and I believe it, where does that leave me? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom