• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do we need more Bat movies?

North_Sky

Major Contributor
'The Batman'

Sure, why not...that or The Joker.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Clooney is on vacation, and Bale is on transition.
Keaton is taking drum lessons, and Affleck you've just said it...'The Flash'.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
I don't think it's a question of need.

If there's a potential market for it, then they'll keep on making version x of the stuff.

Same with all the King Arthur and the Holy Grail derivatives...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I would have answered no. But the trailer looks pretty cool. Dig the Nirvana tune, and everything else. As long as the movie is good and the trailer didn't contain all the good parts.

OTOH, I hated the latest Joker. Yuck. Why it got awards is a mystery to me. Waste of good talent.

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
There are enough bad movies so it's time for more bat movies! ;)

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I don't mind another Batman movie, but I wish it wasn't just a reboot / origin story.

There are many great story arcs from the comics to be adapted.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am one of those who are annoyed by the perpetual re-boot and re-telling of stories, which has become the modus operandi of the Marvel Universe, I find the best DC movies superior to the best of Marvel's aside from Black Panther which could sit in the pantheon of 5 best sci-fi movies of all time ... The Batman movies in particular have been from good to excellent ... thus I am waiting for this one...

P.S. Didn't want to waste my time on "Joker" either ..

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Christopher Nolan's bat trilogy hammered the last nail in the coffin.
Any additional bat movies is only for fun ($$$).
And fun is what movies are all about...Terminators, Aliens, Preapdators, Speedo Man, Ant Man, Superman, Wonder Woman (WW), Cat Woman, ...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
More Bat movies?

I haven't seen all that have already been made, yet.

Wait till I catch up.

I hated the latest Joker.

I don't see how anyone could top the Heath Ledger Joker, ever.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How do super-heroes address the itch issues with masks?
I, for one suffer from that constant itch with masks and I have to wear these daily in my line of work ...:p

chaking

Forum Donor
I thought Bale nailed Batman and made all the others look silly. It was hard to watch Affleck come after. I wasn't a fan of the 3rd Nolan Batman, but overall the trilogy renewed my interest and showed how a more realistic tone in the super hero movies could work well. Heath Ledger was fantastic as Joker. Would have been nice to see more of Bale and Ledger. RIP. Now that I think about it, the casting for all 3 movies was pretty spot on. Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, and Liam Neeson were perfect, imo.

Thanks for posting the trailer - It has me intrigued, which is more than I can say when I saw Affleck's trailer. I'm not familiar with Robert Pattinson's work, so will go into this with a pretty open mind. Jeffrey Wright seems like a good fit for Det. Gordon, which I thought Oldman ruined for anyone after him, but we'll see.

ElNino

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't mind another Batman movie, but I wish it wasn't just a reboot / origin story.

There are many great story arcs from the comics to be adapted.

Agree 100% with this. Especially because none of the reboots has truly gone in an interesting/different direction.

The only reboot I was kind of excited about was Darren Aronofsky's Batman: Year One, which got cancelled. In that version, Bruce Wayne was homeless, Alfred was an African-American man named "Little Al" who ran an auto repair shop, and the Batmobile was a beat-up old Lincoln Continental. Would have at least been a new spin on the whole thing.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They needed an emo bat to market to the Twilight set...

The first Keaton and Bale movies were the best of the movies - ALL the rest have been utter garbage.

Adam West was the best. :cool:

Martin

Top Bottom