• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do we need more Bat movies?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Apparently what's-his-face the Twilight actor refuses to beef up and work out for the role.

So we'll get a skinny twink vampire-body Batman.

raif71

Major Contributor
In light of Darko recent youtube and this thread.... :)

beginner.png

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
The Batman tests positive for Coronavirus...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54022220

And as everyone know the Batman is also playing in Christopher Nolan's latest flick, Tenet. ...In theaters no less, and the more times you go see the film the more money you spend trying to decipher the indecipherable and the more risks you take with the Coronavirus.
Way to go Nolan and Warner Bros! Timing is everything in this movie business.
...Planning the perfect strategy for herd immunity in theaters?

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Even without COVID, I'm not paying full price ticket to see scrawny emo Batman.

I can't pay top dollar for a Batman movie where I sit there thinking I could kick Batman's ass.
I'm sure the guys have figured out how to present this so you don't get that impression. Like a Tom Cruise movie where you don't get an idea how short he is. I mean look at those Jack Reacher movies. Cruise is only 5'7" just like Sylvester Stallone. I mean hey they made it work with George Clooney, and Michael Keaton. BTW, they almost went with Bill Murray before deciding upon Keaton. Imagine Murray as Batman. I get this image of the groundskeeper from Caddyshack dressed up in the bat suit.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Denis, Tom Cruise is out of this orbit, and Nolan and WB the same.
They don't live in the same world than you and I.
Those movie theaters are risky, and for Tom Cruise to encourage people to go in them is irresponsible...IMHO. He can send his kids ... his mom and dad too.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
And right now, Batman and Robert Pattinson need a break...a healing time.

Can they come up with something else than another Bat movie!
And simply release new flicks on Netflix. Like Tenet for example.

ElNino

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Pattinson was surprisingly good at portraying a sketchy ruffian in The Lighthouse. This scene where he smashes a live seagull to bits is pretty iconic:

FikhuBa

If this hero still popular, of course, WB and DC Comics will make as much movie, as they can
Any movie about Batman making a huge income for these companies. Even if it is a remake/another vision/new series

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
It's just a job in the movie business...another dollar another Bat movie to trap kids in the spur of the moment. Right now I'd rather watch a good medical documentary, informative, educative, with a real message of healing , protecting, saving, advancing, growing up as an intelligent civilization all people working together to fight this virulent virus. The Batman won't do, it just won't. ...Not now anyway; or unless he has the cure, the real antidote, the vaccine to save Gotham City.

raif71

Major Contributor
The Batman would be ideal in these kind of forum doing blind tests on gears, although with his sharp and "golden" ears, may detect differences where no normal human can. :facepalm::D

tecnogadget

It should have stopped after Nolan’s brothers trilogy master piece. Then leave a 20 years span until someone who deserves it takes over...

Ohh and “Joker” was a great addition to the Bat universe, which brings another reason to make a new bat movie so early pointless.

But this is just a market like everything else.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
It should have stopped after Nolan’s brothers trilogy master piece. Then leave a 20 years span until someone who deserves it takes over...

Ohh and “Joker” was a great addition to the Bat universe, which brings another reason to make a new bat movie so early pointless.

But this is just a market like everything else.

If there is money to be made, a bat will jump on it.

JohnnyBig23

I suppose we always need good movies, and it doesn't matter what the story should be about

Hipper

You only need one:

Top Bottom