• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Borderlands the movie (2024)

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

I am at a loss to understand the logical thought processes behind the production of this movie... ie. why does this exist? how the hell was this greenlit? what kind of black hole sucked all the money that was used to pay this cast... some of who have won Oscars.

I remember playing the early series of these games like... 15yrs ago? and there wasnt much story to them - it was an arena shooter where a small team would approach at target, get some weak resistance on the way and then engage a 'BOSS' in an arena where you would get massive loot on destruction of said boss... ie. every game ever made

the game had a very weak story line and i expect the movie to be faithful to the game

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I really enjoyed Borderlands 2, which arguably was the best of the series. Especially the assault on Dragon Keep DLC was some of the best stuff I ever played. That said, PC game movies are usually not good, be it Tomb Raider, Far Cry or Doom. I'll keep an interested eye on this one but I don't get my hopes up. It's crazy that they got Cate Blanchett for it.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I am at a loss to understand the logical thought processes behind the production of this movie... ie. why does this exist? how the hell was this greenlit? what kind of black hole sucked all the money that was used to pay this cast... some of who have won Oscars.

It was made during the COVID pandemic- that says it all. More asinine decisions were made during that period, than in the entire history of the human race.

TimF

Forum Donor
qualifies at best as something to be employed in the Lucovico Technique.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't think Borderlands was interesting enough to finish playing (I might have played the 2nd one, couldn't tell you exactly how far I got) and certainly not interesting enough to make a movie out of it. That said, I think the rush to declare the movie terrible is premature... the trailer isn't even out yet. Save your comments for when there's something specific to mock... :D

Top Bottom