• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do the cables matter?

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Set your tri-phazers on stun--here's the latest in 'cable conditioning'. Didn't know your cables needed conditioning. Me either, until I read this. From an outfit called Beer City Audio. That's beer city as in Milwaukee. Beer City's speaker add-on product will turn Old Milwaukee class speakers into the best German lager quality reproducers... or at least bring them up to the equivalent of a Pabst Blue Ribbon tallboy can.

What is it? None other than the Tritium Triphazer Gold X-20 Analog Audio Processor. Said to reduce "Skew Induced Distortion", the device offers "VASTLY improved clarity, accuracy, and definition!" Not only that, but you can use it in your 12V car audio installation..., if you are trying to eek out that last bit of clarity and definition you know is hidden inside your optional 9 speaker Bose car audio system, then this is for you.

Only $379.00 (I think that's for the pair, since most people listen in stereo--unless you have a fancy home theater set up, then you might call and ask for a multiple purchase discount). I don't know about you, but after reading about this I got so excited I had to go outside and have a cigarette. And I don't even smoke!

http://www.beercityaudio.com/index.php/tritium-triphazer-gold-analog-speaker-audio-processor.html

speakertriphazer1.jpg

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Here's an audiophile business idea... Air burn-in machine for those who stream stuff wirelessly.
I think Synergistic Research actually had something like that at AXPONA a couple years ago.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And it protects your audio from solar flares. Not only that, they've upgraded the proprietary Atmospheric Tuning Module (ATM tm) from red to green. Man, how did I ever live without this thing (as I'm listening to a 1938 LP transcription of the Furtwangler/Berlin Parsifal prelude!)?

Some here may remember Enid Lumley (who I found out beamed up a few years ago--may she rest in audio research nirvana). Enid was the original tin-foil lady. Literally. She'd roll Reynold's Wrap around her 'fridge in order to reduce the compressor's stray electromagnetic influence over her stereo, and such. She wrote for Harry Pearson's Absolute Sound magazine. I was pretty tweako back then, I'll admit, but even for me Enid was over the top. I thought it was Harry writing under a pseudonym, making a joke about the silliness of the high end scene. You know, a playful joke on himself. Only later did I realize that Enid was a real person, and that Harry had no sense of humor. At least I can laugh at it, and myself for the foolishness.

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
OMG how much do those cost? That is insane! They generate EMF that makes the music sound different??!!
Just wait, we at NORiO® Industries are working on a device which improves sound without generating an EM field.

/s just in case

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Groan

dgkula

Just wait, we at NORiO® Industries are working on a device which improves sound without generating an EM field.

/s just in case
Can you generate it remotely if I just send you $$$ via PayPal?
I’d really like seat 7K in Carnegie hall at the MLP ...

Hypnotoad

None other than the Tritium Triphazer Gold X-20 Analog Audio Processor.

Ummm yeah, Tritium is so like yesterday, when are they going to wake up that Rhodium is the new Tritium?

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Can you generate it remotely if I just send you $$$ via PayPal?
I’d really like seat 7K in Carnegie hall at the MLP ...

You mean like Geoff Kait's teleportation tweak?

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Of course, Machina Dynamica...

Please tell me that website is audiophile satire...

Geoff Kait is a hard one to figure out. (I've interacted with him quite a bit on other forums).

He's by nature a troll and a joker. I thought I was seeing some indications, some sly winks, in some of his replies that he was actually a wolf in sheep's clothing. That is, something of an objectivist who has been trolling subjectivists with that site (even selling that stuff to anyone sucker enough to send money).

But after a long time seeing his posts on audiogon I abandoned that hypothesis. He spends waaaay too much time defending tweakery of all sorts, more I think than any sane "objectivist having a laugh" would ever do. In the end it seems to be a grab bag, an extension of his trolling but audiophile-addled personality. Lots of it done with a wink and a laugh and some of it trolling, but with enough out of touch with reality for him to spend a lot of time defending audiophile tweaks.

He actually spends very little time defending his own stuff. In fact, seems to outright avoid it. But he seems to spend an ungodly amount of time trolling the objectivists in the forums as well. In debates over cables, burn in, etc, he's the first one to object to measurements, blind testing, and the first to insult anyone who professes skepticism. I gave up crossing swords with him long ago finding him to be the equivalent of the neighborhood dog that barks and snaps at literally everyone walking by.

Top Bottom