• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

Andysu

Major Contributor
So if an X8500H had a serial number that started with 1518, that unit perhaps was built in 2018, which was the first year of production I believe...Could the 15 mean January 5th? The last 5 digits of 00556 could potentially correspond to a very early production unit which would map to the possible 1518 (Jan 5, 2018?) number at the beginning of the serial number.
i just behind the rack few hours ago . i not taking picture of s/n too many cables back there

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought it was considered a non-issue the DAC change.

Non issue in terms of audibilty, but probably an issue phsycoligically for some.:) The new flagship does offer a ESS IC that is a couple notches above the 9010K2M.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Non issue in terms of audibilty, but probably an issue phsycoligically for some.:) The new flagship does offer a ESS IC that is a couple notches above the 9010K2M.
What's that, the X8500HA?

jbattman1016

Yeah, I though the difference was something in the inaudible areas... but I forget... Maybe if I had better room treatment I could notice such things.

cheungliu

in my hometown, to prepare for the coming new denon sales in 2023, there is a large cut for the price of new 8500ha to be usd2120 only. May I know if it is a killing price to enter? or I should wait for the coming Denon ones? Thank you.

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
in my hometown, to prepare for the coming new denon sales in 2023, there is a large cut for the price of new 8500ha to be usd2120 only. May I know if it is a killing price to enter? or I should wait for the coming Denon ones? Thank you.
My 3700H cost almost that much earlier this year, so yeah, great price!

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Would it be reasonable to assume that if you run your x8500 in full pre-amp mode or with all amps turned off manually, one wouldn't need external fans for cooling?

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Would it be reasonable to assume that if you run your x8500 in full pre-amp mode or with all amps turned off manually, one wouldn't need external fans for cooling?
I don't use the external fan(s) and I use 9 internal amps. Yes, AVR gets hot but it's designed to deal with this as long as you have some air circulating around. Since my AVR is on the bottom shelf, I made some holes on the shelf above to help out with some heat extraction.

Attachments

• IMG_6496.JPG
    IMG_6496.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 65

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I want to run a 5.2 set up with all external amps on a X8500H, is there any difference between running in preamplifier mode vs turning off all amps in custom assign?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Imho. Todays advanced Falgship AVR’s are Computers first and amps second. I currently run my 8500h with only one low power surround channel on the internal amp. The other 11 channels are driven by separate amps. The AVR Computer still runs hotter than the separate amps. I look at it like it’s a Computer and computers need to stay cool. Is it absolutely necessary? Your money your equipment your call. Do I use an Aircomm fan? Absolutely I do.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Imho. Todays advanced Falgship AVR’s are Computers first and amps second. I currently run my 8500h with only one low power surround channel on the internal amp. The other 11 channels are driven by separate amps. The AVR Computer still runs hotter than the separate amps. I look at it like it’s a Computer and computers need to stay cool. Is it absolutely necessary? Your money your equipment your call. Do I use an Aircomm fan? Absolutely I do.

Makes sense. I still imagine that the AVR computer runs cooler with all amps turned off.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Yes, but I would still use one external fan. With just one quiet 120mm fan running at low speed you can't hear it from 10 ft anyway.

Top Bottom