• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon 2023 range X3900H/X4900H/X6800H announcement....!!??

Tanquen

For general buggyness is the firmware up-to-date? I guess it may take a little while to shake out teething problems. You are a very early adopter here.

But I'd look into trying the built in cable test feature anyway. It is great if the AVR can confirm for you that the cable should work full bandwidth. It allows you to rule out that possibility.
Good new, it can't be the AVR! :(
Support says:
With the information provided, indicating no dropouts on the TV's YouTube app suggests that the issue is not with the receiver. I recommend testing a different HDMI cable for both the PC and TV.

Being that there are no audio dropouts with an alternative source, such as the TV itself, it confirms that the receiver is not the cause of the problem.

Tanquen

Good new, it can't be the AVR! :(
Support says:
With the information provided, indicating no dropouts on the TV's YouTube app suggests that the issue is not with the receiver. I recommend testing a different HDMI cable for both the PC and TV.

Being that there are no audio dropouts with an alternative source, such as the TV itself, it confirms that the receiver is not the cause of the problem.
With HDMI, I know it's always the cable but be fair, the only thing that changed was the AVR.

I just ran another much shorter HDMI cable (Zeskit Maya 2.1 HDMI) around the wall into the other room and it has the same issue. Here is a pic.
1706380296860.png

Even with this different shorter cable I see the audio go in and out on the X6800H display in time with the audio dropouts. The X6500H never did this. Here is a link to the video of the display and the audio dropping out. You may have to turn it up as the speakers are in the other room.

*_______________UPDATE__________________*

Just now I did a simple test setup with the old X6500H and it's rock solid.
1706381970747.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom