• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Computer Audiophiles Are Anti-Computer

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'll let other humans be the judge of their transferability rather than a set of measurements
Such transference does not work in this forum John. We created this forum with accepted audio science/engineering as the guiding light.
Oh, so I'm launching a Microrendu, am I, Amir or something else? And what's your evidence? What have your "sources" told you?

Hey, I'll happily put my website & commercial interest in my sig, if you like?
What is "a Microrendu?" I thought that was a device, not a category product.

Mivera

Major Contributor
If you're not upsampling, there's absolutely no reason to spend more than $350 on a music transport/server. I'm selling my Microserve without power supply. I will have links to recommended supplies ranging from $10 to $1000. People can choose the supply for them based on their own beliefs, and USB interface quality in their DAC's.

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The deeper truth, Tom, is that most here seek solace in measurements as a reassurance that they are right in what they hear - hence the great distrust of anything that doesn't appear on a measurement. What I mean by insecurity is that they can't seem to live with the possibilities that there is something that their ears are telling them that measurements aren't showing. In fact they go so far as to have such a negative bias that they can no longer hear anything which measurements don't confirm is "real".

Can you show me one example of something heard but not yet measurable by those here?

This is hilarious coming from one who so desperately seeks validation in beliefs he can't verify outside of his own head.

Tim

Phelonious Ponk

Yawn :rolleyes:
That's what is the crux of the matter, Tim - I know that revealing these "subtle" issues in measurements will require creative thinking driven by a desire to get to the truth of the matter - both characteristics that are lacking on this forum, instead settling on mediocre stock measurements to reassure the inmates.

I have faith in what I hear, Tim & it has served me well.

Unfortunately, I neither have the time nor inclination to do these measurements myself but I & others would be willing to try to help anyone who genuinely wants to get to the truth & try to devise measurements which might reveal something of value

We have a perfect example of this earlier with BE's thread on Noise Floor Modulation - he resisted all help & suggestions, instead enforcing his will & control on the supposed "search for a measurement" to reveal noise floor mod. In fact what he was doing was trying to show that NFM (his version of it) was inaudible. And still he has not produced any results.

So, Tim, your claim of " those who are looking for actual audible differences" is far from what is actually the motivation of those here

What's significantly less fortunate, John, is that you appear to have neither the tools nor the skills to do these measurements, yet you call yourself a "designer." Lack of inclination, I suspect, is just a defense for lack of ability and fear of exposure.

Tim

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
Of course it does - everything is interpreted through our own filter - including measurements - Amir thinks his measurements demonstrate something - I don't

But, we do not think your endlessly combative arguments demonstrate anything either. You have got nothing, nothing at all to support your viewpoint, except that you say so. So, how are you possibly going to win support and prevail here in the minds of most others who came, most of us, for measurements and ideas beyond your own worshiped golden-earism?

Do you think we are all just going to suddenly see your light, your truth and be so persuaded we are suddenly going to want to buy your products? If some sort of marketing is why you are here, you are killing yourself big time. If you think your credibility is rising with each combative post, you are delusional.

Mivera

Major Contributor
  • So if the superior system both objectively, and subjectively cost less than what the objectivist's are using today as a transport, would that be okay? Or is this another case of "Mine is better because it's mine'?

John Kenny

Such transference does not work in this forum John.
If we are only talking about the members of this forum then I doubt most will be interested in anything other than measurements but such is their loss. To the greater body of rational people, my statement still applies
We created this forum with accepted audio science/engineering as the guiding light.

What is "a Microrendu?" I thought that was a device, not a category product.
It seems like you have your knickers in a twist now that I asked you to defend this statement you made "I am also confident of my sources that say you are working on bringing out a product of your own in this category so please excuse me if I don't see your motivation as being pure."

John Kenny

What's significantly less fortunate, John, is that you appear to have neither the tools nor the skills to do these measurements, yet you call yourself a "designer." Lack of inclination, I suspect, is just a defense for lack of ability and fear of exposure.

Tim
Tim, as a self-professed technical dullard, please don't try to lecture me on what my abilities are or what I should be doing - you don't know the first thing about the difficulty in finding suitable measurements at this level - stick to playing in a band, I'm sure you're good at it & I won't try to tell you how to play - playing an instrument is something else I don't chose to pursue or recording or songwriting or any of the many other areas related to audio.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Just to make it clear to this Yashn idiot and anyone who listens to him:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...out-the-first-audiophile-microcomputer/page14

It was my decision to not distribute the Phison gear anymore. It had nothing to do with the quality of the gear. It was simply due to Sonny and I having differences in opinion of how a complete finished system should work. I came to Sonny to build OEM boards for me. Distributing his gear was just something I did to help get his line launched. We still have a good business relationship, and no bridges have been burnt.

And yes I know you try to make yourself look like the authority of audio with your cheap IFI DAC, DIY tube amp and midfi bookshelf speakers, but I think you really need a reality check. It takes real world experience for real knowledge. Simply having experience reading forum material and pretending doesn't cut it in my books.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Just to make it clear to this Yashn idiot and anyone who listens to him:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...out-the-first-audiophile-microcomputer/page14

It was my decision to not distribute the Phison gear anymore. It had nothing to do with the quality of the gear. It was simply due to Sonny and I having differences in opinion of how a complete finished system should work. I came to Sonny to build OEM boards for me. Distributing his gear was just something I did to help get his line launched. We still have a good business relationship, and no bridges have been burnt.

And yes I know you try to make yourself look like the authority of audio with your cheap IFI DAC, DIY tube amp and midfi bookshelf speakers, but I think you really need a reality check. It takes real world experience for real knowledge. Simply having experience reading forum material and pretending doesn't cut it in my books.
Nice one Mike! Your using fight club to argue with guys from other forums :D

Your truly innovative:) :D

Mivera

Major Contributor
Nice one Mike! Your using fight club to argue with guys from other forums :D

Your truly innovative:) :D

Well we have idiot's spreading lies about me and referring to this forum on other forums, so why not. We will see if he has the balls to come deal with things man to man, or if he needs to hide behind the shelter of another forum like a pussy.

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Well we have idiot's spreading lies about me and referring to this forum on other forums, so why not. We will see if he has the balls to come deal with things man to man, or if he needs to hide behind the shelter of another forum.
Well we have no right to reply as we are both banned...:rolleyes:

Mivera

Major Contributor
Well we have no right to reply as we are both banned...:rolleyes:

Well we will see if has any balls, or if he's the type that likes to shoot spitballs at a tiger in a cage.

Mivera

Major Contributor

Mivera

Major Contributor
Top Bottom