• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Computer Audiophiles Are Anti-Computer

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
Anywhere you can get attention & it helps your dessicated ego
Ah, 4yr old logic misdirects focus. It's not just me laughing at you type thing little Johnny.
Precedence:

JA: Do you see any signs of future vitality in high-end audio?

GH: Vitality? Don't make me laugh. Audio as a hobby is dying, largely by its own hand. As far as the real world is concerned, high-end audio lost its credibility during the 1980s, when it flatly refused to submit to the kind of basic honesty controls (double-blind testing, for example) that had legitimized every other serious scientific endeavor since Pascal. [This refusal] is a source of endless derisive amusement among rational people and of perpetual embarrassment for me, because I am associated by so many people with the mess my disciples made of spreading my gospel. For the record: I never, ever claimed that measurements don't matter. What I said (and very often, at that) was, they don't always tell the whole story. Not quite the same thing.

http://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/1107awsi/index.html#VWUu7MUJkadtBSPd.97

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Dr. Spazmatron has entered the building - run for your lives :eek:
Don't worry John, I will... Take care of you..,
image.jpeg

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
Spazmatron considers himself a rational person - hilarious :D:D
It's not the disorder you're stricken with per se that causes the derisive laughter little Johnny, it's the very very funny stuff it makes you say.:)
Tell us more about what you and the other kids "hear" and how you know deep in the future it will all be vindicated....

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Spazmatron considers himself a rational person - hilarious :D:D
What ever gave you that idea :confused::D

I am alien whos taken Equine form on earth, it's only thanks to the latest electronic dictation technology that I am able to communicate with you.

Last edited:

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Yet again, we have run away from the core problem, which is what I was addressing in that post - "If there are audible benefits, why is it anathema that they must be objectively verified" ...

...because of all the delusional fools that imagine differences and improvements where none exist.....

.......and subjective audiophiles tend to display a very strong propensity for self delusion.....

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
.......and subjective audiophiles tend to display a very strong propensity for self delusion.....
Yeah, yeah, you won't be laughing when science finally discovers Santa and Leprechaun sounds were real!
Not now of course, but in the future. Someday.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Yes, I've also seen John Westlake & Rob Watts state that the APX-555 is the first that has low enough inherent noise (THD+N) to reveal some of the audible issues in modern audio devices - you know not the slap-you-in-the-face ones - the input circuitry uses two ADCs with a notch filter between so the noise floor can be measured using a suitable SNR after the fundamental has been filtered out - an old trick but not been used on audio analysers before, AFAIK

Mr Westlake also consider vinyl the pinnacle of audio reproduction........

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Projection 101.
Oh not you again.......:)

You still haven't moved on from that nonsense you were spouting last time.

Take a little stroll around any audiophile forum and you will find a high concentration of delusional idiots who imagine they hear all sorts of magical differences and improvements created by mechanisms apparently unknown to science.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I heard an Intona unit this very morning, when I accidentally dropped it.
Keith.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What are you guys arguing about now?

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
I bought a 24 bit wireless mouse for my audiophile computer and the clicks sound incredibly lifelike now.
Don't dare say its just my imagination either. No proof is needed.

Top Bottom