• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Computer Audiophiles Are Anti-Computer

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
Well we have idiot's spreading lies about me and referring to this forum on other forums, so why not. We will see if he has the balls to come deal with things man to man, or if he needs to hide behind the shelter of another forum like a pussy.

I feel your pain. That is on one hand. On the other, I have encountered him frequently elsewhere, and I share your negative view of him. I have no love for him, or for you, as I am impressed with neither of you. So, why bring it all here? Do you think you have a lot of friends here? I may be mistaken, but you might be overestimating that.

Mivera

Major Contributor
I feel your pain. That is on one hand. On the other, I have encountered him frequently elsewhere, and I share your negative view of him. I have no love for him, or for you, as I am impressed with neither of you. So, why bring it all here? Do you think you have a lot of friends here? I may be mistaken, but you might be overestimating that.

I'm more of a quality over quantity guy, so your words are like music to my ears. But this is fight club, so if you want to fight, fight like a man, not like a coward. But you best be packing more than a cap gun if you want to get into a showdown with me :)

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
Fight about what, for heavens sake? You know my views. Your fight is with him. Don't let me distract you. But, you have to do it on his turf, since he would not dare come here. Why even bring it up here?

Mivera

Major Contributor
Fight about what, for heavens sake? You know my views. Your fight is with him. Don't let me distract you. But, you have to do it on his turf, since he would not dare come here. Why even bring it up here?

I was talking about him, but you brought it upon yourself to get involved, and tossed some cheap shots in yourself. So if you don't want to go crying to mommy with your tail between your legs, then you picked the wrong guy to mess with.

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
What are we going to fight about without my tail between my legs. Last time I looked, there was no tail there. I do not like your posting history here and elsewhere. What else can I say? Do you think you are going to beat me into submission so that I will like you? Do you think everyone else here is going to come to your rescue and side against me?

The real point is why bring your beef with Yashn here? Duh!

Mivera

Major Contributor
What are we going to fight about without my tail between my legs. Last time I looked, there was no tail there. I do not like your posting history here and elsewhere. What else can I say? Do you think you are going to beat me into submission so that I will like you? Do you think everyone else here is going to come to your rescue and side against me?

The real point is why bring your beef with Yashn here? Duh!

You don't like my posting history because it's not in line with your misconceptions and bias's that are clearly based on inexperience, and "personal reasons". I come on forums to discuss "facts" about audio gear, not to coddle men who were breast fed for far too long as a child.

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Tim, as a self-professed technical dullard, please don't try to lecture me on what my abilities are or what I should be doing - you don't know the first thing about the difficulty in finding suitable measurements at this level - stick to playing in a band, I'm sure you're good at it & I won't try to tell you how to play - playing an instrument is something else I don't chose to pursue or recording or songwriting or any of the many other areas related to audio.

Not to worry. I won't try to lecture you on your technical abilities. As you have demonstrated none, that would be a futile pursuit.

Tim

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm more of a quality over quantity guy, so your words are like music to my ears. But this is fight club, so if you want to fight, fight like a man, not like a coward. But you best be packing more than a cap gun if you want to get into a showdown with me :)

OK, Mike, I have no interest in fighting with you, inside or outside of this ring, but "quality over quantity?" Given your posting history at WBF? I don't care who you are, that right there is some funny stuff. :)

Tim

Mivera

Major Contributor
OK, Mike, I have no interest in fighting with you, inside or outside of this ring, but "quality over quantity?" Given your posting history at WBF? I don't care who you are, that right there is some funny stuff. :)

Tim

I'm talking about my choice of friends. I made lots on WBF. But most were via private message. Now email.

fas42

Major Contributor
Yes, but only do so spasmodically ...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Seriously Mike, please don't invite any more nutcases here just to have your fights, we have more than enough of that BS here already. If you want to go for it, check out this guy.
Thanks, Sal

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
If we are only talking about the members of this forum then I doubt most will be interested in anything other than measurements but such is their loss.
Don't count me in that group wittle Johnny boy.
I love reading your stuff about you "hearing" Intonas, Santa, "low level linearity", leprechauns, etc.
Great stuff.;)
30+ years of Chem lab fumes have made you an extraordinary "audiophile" injurneer/designer, with far greater insight than say, someone with high school level Physics education and logic/reasoning skills.
Don't let the adults poo-pooh your "hearing" tales. You heard this and that, therefore its real....and it's real, because you heard this and heard that, etc.
The Dunning-Kruger cycle.:D

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
I'm secure in what I hear & when appropriate measurements are devised, I have no doubt that I will be confirmed in my hearing
You know there are Ghost detectors on the market already, not to mention things like fMRI?

I don't have a particular desire or need to try to prove anything to those who are negatively biased - they operate on a belief system beyond "proof".
Yeah those nasty adults are always demanding "proof" of Santa. That's right wittle Johnny, stomp your feet and chuck the toys from the pram, you don't have to prove to them that Santa is real because you "heard" him. Millions of other infants can't be wrong either!

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I read this book called "The Confidence Gap" by Steven Hayes, Ph.D. He talks a little in the beginning about how studies show that "positive thinking" (wishful thinking to some) is actually very counterproductive.

There's always hope:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking

One day Johnny, you'll be the one laughing at all the non-believers, the doubters, the adults

Top Bottom