• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 35 10.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 145 41.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 156 45.0%

• Total voters

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Plan to use it to drive planar Hifiman Arya Stealth, does it provide enough power? Thanks
Can not say for sure, but if it is of any value, it drives an Edition XS easily.
Should do, sensitivity is on a par with the EDXS.

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
The performance of this device looks great, but the industrial design is meh. It’s a shame Chord didn‘t update the design for this long overdue revision.
The design is ridiculous in my point of view.

SamSpade

Has anyone else experienced left/right channel reversal from the headphone jack using USB input? Two Mojo 2 units have exhibited this trait and am considering sending back the second unit for this reason. It is a simple matter to swap L/R jacks at the amplifier to "fix" the problem, but at this price point I shouldn't have to do that. I used Windows 11 Sound Setting TEST button and the muting sliders to determine the channel reversal. It became evident when I was A/B-ing DACs (Schiit Modi 3 and SMSL SU-1) against the Mojo 2. All are connected via USB to the same computer and switching was accomplished using TAPE monitor buttons on 2385 Marantz receiver. I used several mini-plug-to-rca cables and checked AUX and TAPE monitor inputs separately to verifiy there wasn't a reversal within the cord or receiver .

Vasile 76

Buna ziua. Pret Black Friday Mojo 2- 400 euro/Project pre box s2 editia 2023- 300 euro. Recomandați ca soluție desktop mojo 2, Marantz pm 6006 și Dali Oberon3? Mojo 1 a avut LINE OUT. Mojo 2 nu îl are. Cum reglați tensiunea corectă de ieșire? Project ar fi o soluție desktop mai bună? Mulțumesc.

Translated from Romanian by moderator (well, actually by Google translate). Please post in English going forward.

Hello.

Price Black Friday Mojo 2- 400 euros/Project pre box s2 edition 2023- 300 euros.

Do you recommend the mojo 2, Marantz pm 6006 and Dali Oberon3 as a desktop solution?

Mojo 1 had LINE OUT. Mojo 2 doesn't have it. How do you adjust the correct output voltage? Would Project be a better desktop solution?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Recomandați ca soluție desktop mojo 2, Marantz pm 6006 și Dali Oberon3
No. You can get much better sound for 1400€.

Mojo 1 a avut LINE OUT. Mojo 2 nu îl are. Cum reglați tensiunea corectă de ieșire?
You can adjust the Mojo 2's output volume using the LED buttons and this color code:
A1C40C3B-FAAC-49EA-9BC7-0FBF6BB9565D.jpeg

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buna ziua. Pret Black Friday Mojo 2- 400 euro/Project pre box s2 editia 2023- 300 euro. Recomandați ca soluție desktop mojo 2, Marantz pm 6006 și Dali Oberon3? Mojo 1 a avut LINE OUT. Mojo 2 nu îl are. Cum reglați tensiunea corectă de ieșire? Project ar fi o soluție desktop mai bună? Mulțumesc.
The selling point of Mojo (1 or 2), is in its portability.
It is a very good portable DAC, with a good output section to suit majority of headphones on the go, with good battery life.
But as a desktop DAC for your Wiim, you can get similar sound at much less.
Better sound, I don't think so, but similar, sure.

Deckard01

The selling point of Mojo (1 or 2), is in its portability.
It is a very good portable DAC, with a good output section to suit majority of headphones on the go, with good battery life.
But as a desktop DAC for your Wiim, you can get similar sound at much less.
Better sound, I don't think so, but similar, sure.
Which Dongle Dac/amp offers similar sound and power as Mojo 2 at much less? Do you know any?

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No I don't.
But some Toppings or SMSL may offer similar sound only as a desktop DAC.
But if the output of Mojo is a must, as well as sound quality , its pretty peerless.
I love Mojo2. It goes for £399 in UK, which includes 20% tax!
I call that a bargain.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Which Dongle Dac/amp offers similar sound and power as Mojo 2 at much less? Do you know any?
Go here.

Type "headphone" into the search. (Try also multifunction)

Sort by "Reccomended" with "yes" at the top.

You now have 5 pages of devices (not all are headphone amps, but most) which will sound the same as the mojo. Aprox price (at time of review) is shown. You'll need create a shortlist from there, and go into the review of each item on the shortlist to check the power.

EDIT : Here is one:

And another

Last edited:

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Go here.

Type "headphone" into the search.

Sort by "Reccomended" with "yes" at the top.

You now have 5 pages of devices (not all are headphone amps, but most) which will sound the same as the mojo. Aprox price (at time of review) is shown. You'll need create a shortlist from there, and go into the review of each item on the shortlist to check the power.
I think the question was:
Do YOU know any?
I can only recommend from my own experiences, which are based on objective results and auditioning.
To me, good objective results means, it's worth auditioning.
I trust Amir, on his results and his subjective views when available . But personally, I can not recommend what I have not heard.

Deckard01

Thank you all. @Ken Tajalli that is that I mean, not only measurements but from our experience.

I long try to find a dongle so as to avoid the purchase of Mojo 2 as in my country is a bit expensive.

And I was looking if there is any dac/amp dongle (yes I still hope if there is any chifi dongle to drive over ear headphones properly) that can if not beat but even be on the same side as Mojo 2.

But as I see Go Bar for example or M15 and other expensive dongles can not compare with mojo 2.

Even now as I see it, the perfect package still has the Mojo 2. I thing that chord will make the surpise of a dongle in the future.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
EDIT : Here is one:

And another
I give you the EX5, even D50S.
But not the G5.
from experience !

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks @antcollinet but I was hoping as i said before for a dongle or a more compact solution which will not exceed the size of mojo 2.

Mojo 2 for me is the most big in size that I want.

Sorry it is my oddity!
Be careful, dongles can deplete your phone batteries fast, if you could even find one to give you half watt of clean output, at negligible output impedance.
I doubt Chord would ever release a dongle. unless they could fit a super-capacitor inside!

Deckard01

yes you are right Ken I know. I just do not want bulk dac/amps at home. Do you know if Mojo 2 can work with phone as it does with pc.
I talk about the smart mode for battery save. So as if the battery is empty to charge from the mobile when it is user with that.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
yes you are right Ken I know. I just do not want bulk dac/amps at home. Do you know if Mojo 2 can work with phone as it does with pc.
I talk about the smart mode for battery save. So as if the battery is empty to charge from the mobile when it is user with that.
Sorry for delay , just saw this.
Mojo2 does work with mobile phones, obviously .
I just don't understand the second part of your question. Do you mean, can it act as a dongle, to run on phone battery? if that's what you mean, then NO.
Mojo2 has a second usb port for charging, so it is physically impossible.
I think dongle like DACs, such as BTR5 or 7 can do that, but not Mojo.
Phone usb power is very limited.

Top Bottom