• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 34 9.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 156 45.1%

• Total voters

Sam Spade

EDIT: Jim In my opinion, for a digital source, if you want value and convenience buy a Mojo 2. Amazing sound and portability, I use it on one of my home Marantz/dynaudio systems, my $10k car system and to drive audeze lcdxc and lcd4. The Qutest is better but not worth the extra cash.............. well MAYBE except listening through a Sparko Aries or a Burson Conductor 3x driving Audeze LCD4 or something like my Musical fidelity nuvista preamp feeding a rotel RB1080 and top end dali speakers

Sam Spade

And frankly the Burson Conductor 3x is an awesome preamp/headamp/dac. and great value as far as audiophile stuff goes

Sam Spade

It does have some chops in the aesthetics and build departments but has it ever been tested?
i closed my eyes and did a blind test :) I love my Sparkos Aries as much, maybe a bit more. All personal subjective preferences.

fatface

A great Mojo 2 review! To the point about questioning dual headphone outputs, it is a very useful reviewer/enthusiast tool for A/B'ing headphones!

Vasile 76

If I buy Mojo 2 (offer 500 euros) can I use it in a desktop system? (Marantrz pm 6006 + Dali oberon 3). Could there be problems with this being a portable dac? Thank you.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If I buy Mojo 2 (offer 500 euros) can I use it in a desktop system? (Marantrz pm 6006 + Dali oberon 3). Could there be problems with this being a portable dac? Thank you.
Yes and no. Except you'd do better getting a cheaper desktop dac and not having a battery powered device always plugged in. Unless you mean use it as both a portable and a fixed dac.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes and no. Except you'd do better getting a cheaper desktop dac and not having a battery powered device always plugged in. Unless you mean use it as both a portable and a fixed dac.
Not to mention the lack of a remote control!

ikd

Any cheaper dac recommendations comparable to Mojo 2 sound quality?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What connections do you need for inputs and outputs?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't rule it out (the apple one), out of hand. It basically measures as well as the original Mojo. And is cheap enough "just to try"

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't rule it out (the apple one), out of hand. It basically measures as well as the original Mojo. And is cheap enough "just to try"

I tried one based on that review.
It lacked power, sound quality, just about anything you could call good!
Within half a day, the young shop assistant next door to my office got it as a present.
I suppose, if you have a sensitive $20 IEM, and want to listen to some podcast on the go, sure.
But not for any serious listening .
The onboard DAC on my 4 year old Huawei sounds much much better, with a $2 USB-C wire converter.

Reactions: ikd

ikd

I tried one based on that review.
It lacked power, sound quality, just about anything you could call good!
Within half a day, the young shop assistant next door to my office got it as a present.
I suppose, if you have a sensitive $20 IEM, and want to listen to some podcast on the go, sure.
But not for any serious listening .
The onboard DAC on my 4 year old Huawei sounds much much better, with a $2 USB-C wire converter.
Apple dongle was my first dac, it's no doubt excellent for the price. I have moved onto Cayin RU6 but I was looking for a more desktop appropriate solution. The other usb dacs I tried were D10s and C200 but I much prefer the RU6 sound.

Vasile 76

Apple dongle a fost primul meu dac, este fără îndoială excelent pentru preț. M-am mutat pe Cayin RU6, dar căutam o soluție mai potrivită pentru desktop. Celelalte DAC-uri USB pe care le-am încercat au fost D10 și C200, dar prefer mult sunetul RU6.
Folosiți Cayin ru6 în modul desktop?

ikd

Folosiți Cayin ru6 în modul desktop?
RU6 works in desktop mode, the sound is good but every time a new sound or song plays there is static noise that lasts for a couple seconds at the beginning and end of playback. It is bothersome enough for me to look for another dac. Same issue may also be on RU7.

somy

I know this is perceived as overpriced for 799usd. I have a friend who are selling it for 360usd, is it worth it?

Veri

Master Contributor

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know this is perceived as overpriced for 799usd. I have a friend who are selling it for 360usd, is it worth it?
Nigh impossible to get anything comparable at $360. Unless many of its capabilities are lost to you.
i.e. a dongle is enough for you.
But if you need the 0.5W output, and the EQ's, the battery life, its coolness! then get it.
It is a top quality product.
Price has dropped indeed , from $800 to $650.

somy

Nigh impossible to get anything comparable at $360. Unless many of its capabilities are lost to you.
i.e. a dongle is enough for you.
But if you need the 0.5W output, and the EQ's, the battery life, its coolness! then get it.
It is a top quality product.
Price has dropped indeed , from $800 to $650.
Plan to use it to drive planar Hifiman Arya Stealth, does it provide enough power? Thanks

Top Bottom