• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Cats; what goes on in those little brains? Anything at all?
They are constantly trying to figure out how to kill us and then eat us. Period! Predators see everything as a potential kill/meal. I love cats and kittens but I have no illusions that if they could what they would do. ;)

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
They are constantly trying to figure out how to kill us and then eat us. Period! Predators see everything as a potential kill/meal. I love cats and kittens but I have no illusions that if they could what they would do. ;)
Well it's a d@mn good thing most of these animals are less than 15#. ;)

The Lady and I had fantasies of a Savannah Cat many years ago, domestic cat bred with a Serval, the closer to the F1 or F2 generation you get, the bigger and more wild their qualities are, including being able to stand on their hind legs and put their fore paws on a humans chest or free jumping to the top of a refrigerator.
iu

:D

Elgrosso

Beautiful:

Dogs were domesticated what, about 40000 years ago, and cats near 10000 only?
Maybe we just need to wait a bit more to get the same kind of bond (if we survive).

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Beautiful:

Dogs were domesticated what, about 40000 years ago, and cats near 10000 only?
Maybe we just need to wait a bit more to get the same kind of bond (if we survive).
if we don't change soon we won't get through this century... here's to hoping (btw, i'm not talking *just* about climate change, we got issues about a buncha stuff, including how we treat each other and other living beings)

Andysu

Major Contributor
comparing with recall fish and chips as it is ASR measurable , harry vs chez fish and chips
Bear at the seaside

badspeakerdesigner

I'd like to introduce you to Nugget, she's the smallest of our 5 cats and is absolutely bonkers. She basically has no fear and loves risk. Her favorite place is the garage where she can roll around in sawdust (no tools when she's out there, I mostly just clean up). She loves running on thing railings making us worry she'll fall off. Her most impressive feat is that she can jump from the floor to the ceiling treatments I have up. That's right, flat on the floor to the ceiling. Loves to go on walks through our forest out back.

Helping me with a speaker build.

341914367_756724439325643_7309178282283811951_n.jpg

335190366_6259459190765339_4852913125988298279_n.jpg

335606309_1219303252291563_2023148511316069108_n.jpg

anotherhobby

Forum Donor
Dirac claims they are coming out with “active room treatments,” but I am here to tell you they are not the only option!

If you're like me and love cats almost as much as music, then using them as active sound absorbers in a desktop setup is a no-brainer. Not only do they look adorable lounging in front of your speakers, but they also provide a soft and snugly barrier that helps to tame the sound waves and absorb reflections. And while it's true that cats may not necessarily save you money over traditional sound-absorbing materials, they do also come with some unbeatable emotional perks not found in traditional treatments or DSP.

Of course, there are a few potential downsides to using cats as sound absorbers. Aside from varied musical tastes, you may need to keep a watchful eye on them to prevent them from pawing at your gear or rearranging nearby objects. And if your cats are particularly vocal, you might need to contend with a few meows and mews interrupting your listening experience. But let's be real - when you're using cats as sound absorbers, you're not just optimizing your audio, you're also adding a whole lot of joy and fun to your setup. And really, what's better than that?

Note: Cat’s hearing is a little more susceptible as humans with respect to dB levels and damage, so be sure remove your active absorbers (cats) and rely on the passive absorbers left behind (beds) when raising volume levels beyond casual.

IMG_3014.jpeg

tw 2022

Dirac claims they are coming out with “active room treatments,” but I am here to tell you they are not the only option!

If you're like me and love cats almost as much as music, then using them as active sound absorbers in a desktop setup is a no-brainer. Not only do they look adorable lounging in front of your speakers, but they also provide a soft and snugly barrier that helps to tame the sound waves and absorb reflections. And while it's true that cats may not necessarily save you money over traditional sound-absorbing materials, they do also come with some unbeatable emotional perks not found in traditional treatments or DSP.

Of course, there are a few potential downsides to using cats as sound absorbers. Aside from varied musical tastes, you may need to keep a watchful eye on them to prevent them from pawing at your gear or rearranging nearby objects. And if your cats are particularly vocal, you might need to contend with a few meows and mews interrupting your listening experience. But let's be real - when you're using cats as sound absorbers, you're not just optimizing your audio, you're also adding a whole lot of joy and fun to your setup. And really, what's better than that?

Note: Cat’s hearing is a little more susceptible as humans with respect to dB levels and damage, so be sure remove your active absorbers (cats) and rely on the passive absorbers left behind (beds) when raising volume levels beyond casual.

View attachment 283691
cat's and music kinda go together , i feel sorry for those that don't appreciate either...their loss

Elgrosso

Great idea! Now i just need to wait a bit...

IMG_2510.JPG

Top Bottom