• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
...cats two and three

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 41

Gringoaudio1

Forum Donor
I put a motion sensor in the cat litter area. It normally would turn on a bulb screwed into the end of it. I put a screw in 2-pronged socket instead and plugged in an inline duct fan over the litter. This fan was connected to a duct exiting to the side of the house foundation. It is a bathroom fan for the litter box area. It runs for a about 15 minutes (time can be set) and has reduced any cat smells in my house to nothing.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My cat had a little door so he could come and go as he pleased, never used the litter tray so I got rid of it.

If they made the food pouches in a form that a cat could open easily he would have been totally self-sufficient.

I suppose I would still have to go to the shop to get the food.

My friend's cat could open the pouches, he could also open the cardboard boxes that the pouches came in. She locked them in a pantry; he figured out how to get in and carried on self-serving. She's moved house now but they never worked out how the cat got in and out of the pantry- the door remained locked.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Your cat's poop shouldn't stink much. If it does, the cat may be allergic to some of its food. One of our cats went through a horrible period of stinky poop until we figured out he was allergic to the vegetable oils in most canned wet food.
He has a vet visit this week for some type of allergic reaction to possibly his food. The problem is he demands nothing but the highest priced food. I practically have to wrap a 5 dollar bill around the can before he knows he can eat it. I'm telling you he is one VERY, VERY spoiled cat. He informs me every other day or so that I am his slave or hired help and can be replace any minute. Just this morning I got the stink eye for not allowing him to stay in my lap for 3 hours straight. He throws a serious stink eye when he is not being catered too. But he is a love kitty......LOL

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
My favorite is when we give our cats that expensive food, they turn their nose up at it, promptly go outside and collect a gopher which they bring back inside, eviscerate, dine, and leave for me to clean up the... err... leavings.

:confused:

By the way... If any of you haven't experienced the joy... gophers are "juicy."

tw 2022

My favorite is when we give our cats that expensive food, they turn their nose up at it, promptly go outside and collect a gopher which they bring back inside, eviscerate, dine, and leave for me to clean up the... err... leavings.

:confused:

By the way... If any of you haven't experienced the joy... gophers are "juicy."
I get several birds in various stages of dismemberment per year, gotta luv bloody feathers everywhere...

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I get several birds in various stages of dismemberment per year, gotta luv bloody feathers everywhere...
Rare is the bloody mess with birds for us... but we do call the resulting artwork a "Bird-splosion." Usually involving at least one dismembered wing. The worst part of cleaning the Bird-splosion is the feathers take to the air with the slightest provocation and wise placement of the vacuum needs to be considered, first.

Field mice are like popcorn. One bite and they are done.

Meadow Voles are a little more substantial, but rare is it that any evidence remains... and if so, usually what we call "the Spleen."

Roof Rats get killed but seldom consumed.

But the Gophers are a bloody mess. (I'm not British... so I do mean bloody, like get the seltzer water to clean the carpet kind of mess.) Usually a chewed up head, both front teeth, a full package of strewn viscera, some gopher poop, maybe the hind quarters...

I'm certain I could share a few photos within the next day or two if anybody wants to compare...? :D

tw 2022

Rare is the bloody mess with birds for us... but we do call the resulting artwork a "Bird-splosion." Usually involving at least one dismembered wing. The worst part of cleaning the Bird-splosion is the feathers take to the air with the slightest provocation and wise placement of the vacuum needs to be considered, first.

Field mice are like popcorn. One bite and they are done.

Meadow Voles are a little more substantial, but rare is it that any evidence remains... and if so, usually what we call "the Spleen."

Roof Rats get killed but seldom consumed.

But the Gophers are a bloody mess. (I'm not British... so I do mean bloody, like get the seltzer water to clean the carpet kind of mess.) Usually a chewed up head, both front teeth, a full package of strewn viscera, some gopher poop, maybe the hind quarters...

I'm certain I could share a few photos within the next day or two if anybody wants to compare...? :D
I"ll try to remember to photograph the next crazy dismemberment... It's generally not my first thought at 3am though...

Gringoaudio1

Forum Donor
My last boy cat was run over so the new ones stay inside. Too sad and I’d spent a fortune on his vet bills as well! Marmalade was the greatest cat ever.

Attachments

• 30A80FAF-50C8-4272-A5F0-9ED3C18ECB30.jpeg
    30A80FAF-50C8-4272-A5F0-9ED3C18ECB30.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 54
  • D6B0877D-89BF-4606-81C4-6424C4E78D12.jpeg
    D6B0877D-89BF-4606-81C4-6424C4E78D12.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 56
  • B6695168-8775-4509-B8E5-B0D29D341C11.jpeg
    B6695168-8775-4509-B8E5-B0D29D341C11.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 59

tw 2022

@ryanosaur ......some days just aren't much fun..just buried a local stray cat, face chewed off by a coyote or big dog.. poor thing staggered around the neighborhood yesterday , it was so sad.. he was probably originally one of our backyard cats that got displaced and came home to die...i buried him under a big tree where the backyard crew plays....and hopefully where my narc landlord won't park a boat over his grave, yeah he did that to my favorite cat ever... i think i need a long walk and to ruminate about bmr's , (not so)mini's and happy kittens.....edit .. this is Lucky...she's got a garbage'd out boat parked over her grave.. the joys of living in narc'ville
SAM_0457 (1).JPG

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
@ryanosaur ......some days just aren't much fun..just buried a local stray cat, face chewed off by a coyote or big dog.. poor thing staggered around the neighborhood yesterday , it was so sad.. he was probably originally one of our backyard cats that got displaced and came home to die...i buried him under a big tree where the backyard crew plays....and hopefully where my narc landlord won't park a boat over his grave, yeah he did that to my favorite cat ever... i think i need a long walk and to ruminate about bmr's , (not so)mini's and happy kittens.....edit .. this is Lucky...she's got a garbage'd out boat parked over her grave.. the joys of living in narc'villeView attachment 280474
Bummed to hear. *bro-hug

Top Bottom