• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Humans do some terrible things to animals.

I'd say, make it perfectly legal as long as the owner has all their fingernails and toenails removed in the same way, at the same time...

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
My cat agrees that humans have done at least one wise thing.

PXL_20220326_001708788.jpg

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
In other cat news.....first mouse guts of the spring on the carpet tonight.
Our beasts never take time off.
The Lady and I just did our ritual cleaning under the bed, which is to say we cleaned their ritual graveyard of three birds and organs of at least 4 gophers.
Field mice (popcorn) are two bite affairs. Meadow Voles are a little more fun and sometimes there is a Spleen.
Gophers suck. First, they are juicy. And if mature, more than one meal. Usually we find a collection of digestive tract, spleen, and head… all thoughtfully arranged with some wild grasses to accent the moment.
Of course, there are birds, too. This is usually found in a range of different presentation from a light “esplosion” ( a few feathers and perhaps a wing) to the full ‘splosion with feathers in s 2’ radius and all sorts of various arrangement of parts.
One time, a baby turklet was carefully brought in by one of our little friends. It was not injured and we were able to get it out the door.
Another time there was a woodpecker. Everybody was interested until little Sparq let it go… none of them wanted anything to do with it. That was a little more challenging to get out the door, but eventually we did.
Sometimes Poppy will bring in one of our local lizards.
Lastly, while they will all catch them, none of them will eat the roof rats. Those are usually found whole and clean.

We have of course been woken up by critters being let loose in our bed. This includes an injured bird that could fly just enough to up the sport ante. The Lady and I just pulled the covers over our heads and hid until we heard the fateful “crunch.”
Sometimes they would lose something in the bed and I would have to help them find it.

This is part of living with 4 feral born obligatory predators.

:D

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Our beasts never take time off.
The Lady and I just did our ritual cleaning under the bed, which is to say we cleaned their ritual graveyard of three birds and organs of at least 4 gophers.
Field mice (popcorn) are two bite affairs. Meadow Voles are a little more fun and sometimes there is a Spleen.
Gophers suck. First, they are juicy. And if mature, more than one meal. Usually we find a collection of digestive tract, spleen, and head… all thoughtfully arranged with some wild grasses to accent the moment.
Of course, there are birds, too. This is usually found in a range of different presentation from a light “esplosion” ( a few feathers and perhaps a wing) to the full ‘splosion with feathers in s 2’ radius and all sorts of various arrangement of parts.
One time, a baby turklet was carefully brought in by one of our little friends. It was not injured and we were able to get it out the door.
Another time there was a woodpecker. Everybody was interested until little Sparq let it go… none of them wanted anything to do with it. That was a little more challenging to get out the door, but eventually we did.
Sometimes Poppy will bring in one of our local lizards.
Lastly, while they will all catch them, none of them will eat the roof rats. Those are usually found whole and clean.

We have of course been woken up by critters being let loose in our bed. This includes an injured bird that could fly just enough to up the sport ante. The Lady and I just pulled the covers over our heads and hid until we heard the fateful “crunch.”
Sometimes they would lose something in the bed and I would have to help them find it.

This is part of living with 4 feral born obligatory predators.

:D
Suddenly I feel lucky

peanuts

funny how people throw a tantrum for stuff like dog muzzle`s, yet they have no problem throwing down stake after stake every week.
macdonalds meat output alone is the slaughter of over 67.000 cattle per DAY. these people who think cutting cat claws is animal cruelty, have they ever seen a butcher house?

ta240

Major Contributor
Uh-oh, diving into the paradox of what animals we are okay with bad things happening to and which ones we aren't; which ones we are fine with eating and which ones we aren't; maybe even invasive species that we now treat like they belong....

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
funny how people throw a tantrum for stuff like dog muzzle`s, yet they have no problem throwing down stake after stake every week.
macdonalds meat output alone is the slaughter of over 67.000 cattle per DAY. these people who think cutting cat claws is animal cruelty, have they ever seen a butcher house?
I toured a meat packing plant that kills and butchers ~2700 cattle per day. I was raised on a small farm and I have butchered thousands of birds and many pigs and cattle for meat. I was not prepared to see the scale of the packing plant. It was HUGE and everywhere one looked it was dead animals hanging from meat hooks. I'll never forget it and and the smell of blood and guts.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I toured a meat packing plant that kills and butchers ~2700 cattle per day. I was raised on a small farm and I have butchered thousands of birds and many pigs and cattle for meat. I was not prepared to see the scale of the packing plant. It was HUGE and everywhere one looked it was dead animals hanging from meat hooks. I'll never forget it and and the smell of blood and guts.
it's gotta be a crappy way to go out...

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Cats; what goes on in those little brains? Anything at all?
Plenty, but we humans can't decode, much less understand, any of it.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
They operate on a completely different level. Sometimes I'm just stunned.

JWAmerica

Unfortunately I have a cat now, but the kids like it so it's staying. Disgusting creatures.

Top Bottom