• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget power/stepped amplifiers?

• Thread starter Deleted member 58865
  • Start date

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have my ears?

AIYIMA A07's gain is reportedly 21.5dB. If I set DAC volume to -21.5dB, net gain would be 0dB. If I set DAC voulme to -91.5dB, the net gain would be -70dB.

At least, my LED lights reduced differential-mode noise by a ten~hundred fold, compared to compact fluorescent lights.
Are audio gears affected a lot by common-mode noise if they are almost immune to differential-mode noise?

You should measure the gain, I bet it is over 30 dB with the knob maxed.

Michael

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How can I measure that?

Michael

Zek

Major Contributor
AIYIMA A07's gain is reportedly 21.5dB. If I set DAC volume to -21.5dB, net gain would be 0dB.
You got it all mixed up. Dac volume has nothing in common with the gain of the amplifier.
The volume value on the DAC is only a relative ratio for that particular device and does not represent any actual measured reference value.
net gain would be 0dB.
Gain cannot be 0. If gain were 0, then you would not hear anything from the speakers.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
At least, my LED lights reduced differential-mode noise by a ten~hundred fold, compared to compact fluorescent lights.

Not of any audible concern though.

Are audio gears affected a lot by common-mode noise if they are almost immune to differential-mode noise?

Some are, totally depends on the schematic and above all PCB/wiring layout.

The best way to reduce noise is to eliminate a lot of it at the source without any filter.
Yes, most people do not realize this.

Top Bottom