• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
What do the new cases look like?
The new small case has pictures posted on the first page (first post), along with the rackmount case (though all new rackmounts will also have the logo on them). The 4 and 6/8ch cases are shipping soon, so will post pictures when I get them.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Also, I have (3) of the original 19" 6/8ch cases left in stock. Would be willing to offer a discount to anyone who would take a build in one of those cases over the new ones so I don't have wasted inventory.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I know, it's the honeymoon phase, but I just set up my desktop system with my new Buckeye NC252MP and it's pretty amazing.

Radio Paradise> (ethernet) > Intel NUC10 > (USB) > RME ADI-2 DAC FS > (Balanced XLR) > Buckeye NC252MP > KEF Q150B > me

Fabulous transparency!

geekpryde

Forum Donor
Ordered mine today. 2 channel with small case with new logo.

Dumb question, not sure if it's been answered. Will the amp come with a simple "owners manual"? with specs and a diagram labeling the left / right input / outputs, explaining the trigger and also the operation of the two on/off power toggles, among other things owners manuals normally detail?

thepiecesfit

Ordered mine today. 2 channel with small case with new logo.

Dumb question, not sure if it's been answered. Will the amp come with a simple "owners manual"? with specs and a diagram labeling the left / right input / outputs, explaining the trigger and also the operation of the two on/off power toggles, among other things owners manuals normally detail?
You get an insert with the trigger switch explanation but no owners manual. With regards to labeling inputs/outputs this amp doesn’t have any. Your preamplifier will determine what is the left and right channel so there is where you want to make sure the amplifier speaker terminals go to the matching speaker and balanced preamp output. But as far as having a right and left on the amplifier itself it doesn’t really matter which one you use.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
New large case (6/8ch)

Attachments

• 6_8 channel front.JPG
    6_8 channel front.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 6_8 channel rear.JPG
    6_8 channel rear.JPG
    402.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 6_8 channel interior.JPG
    6_8 channel interior.JPG
    663 KB · Views: 280

geekpryde

Forum Donor
Bought XLR cables, terminated Speaker wires, mini Desktop stands for the speakers, and a few other things in preparation for my Buckeye amp.

I also prewarned my boss that his face is going to be melted off, so there no way he will be surprised when it happens. I will post pics when my amp arrives in a ~ month.

Orders placed to date seem to be jumping every day! Time to quit school and go full time, LOL.

thepiecesfit

He is using a 4 pin normally open 12VDC automotive relay #J115F31A12VDC but you could still use the 5 pin but the amazon review comments about high resistance would give me pause.
The spec sheet for the Buckeye relay is here:
https://www.onlinecomponents.com/en/datasheet/j115f31a12vdcs9-51176069/

Thanks I was able to pull the part number as well. Might keep looking neither of those relays provide the data sheets. Seems like the options are limited with the delay time option when using the quick connect terminals.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Quick connect terminals limit a lot of the choices unfortunately, even for normal relays. While I've gotten a lot better at soldering (the 3.5mm jack and resistor for the LED), anything I can do with quick connects helps me overall with consistent build quality and time.

If you tried a new relay and needed to switch back to quick connects I wouldn't mind sending a few and a new 3.5mm jack if the wires end up being too short switching back.

mattf

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Can folks who are more knowledgeable with electronics help me interpret the sheet?

I'm wondering what the minimum voltage required to trip the relay would be... I see "Pick Up Voltage" (9V) and "Release Voltage" (1.2V)... does that mean that it turns "on" at 9V and doesn't drop it 'till the DC falls below 1.2V?
Yes. Though as someone said earlier, it might not be a guaranteed value. I use a 9V battery to test the relays before shipping. But it may be possible 5v (which some DACs provide for triggers) would trigger the relay.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Also, I have a Spring Cleaning sale going on. I have a few 17" and 19" cases (the original ones) left. $40 off any order using the 17" case and $80 off any order using the 19" case. While supplies last!

sg1838

Radio Paradise> (ethernet) > Intel NUC10 > (USB) > RME ADI-2 DAC FS > (Balanced XLR) > Buckeye NC252MP > KEF Q150B > me

How in God's name is this the first time I'm hearing about Radio Paradise?!?! With all the talk about Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music HD, Spotify's upcoming offering, and this is the first I've heard of it! Yes, I realize the others allow you to play whatever you want whereas Radio Paradise is a "radio station", but still. What a fantastic find today! Thank you!

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
How in God's name is this the first time I'm hearing about Radio Paradise?!?! With all the talk about Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music HD, Spotify's upcoming offering, and this is the first I've heard of it! Yes, I realize the others allow you to play whatever you want whereas Radio Paradise is a "radio station", but still. What a fantastic find today! Thank you!

You're welcome!

I've been an RP listener and donor for over 16 years. I love that station. You can stream in FLAC with zero commercials. They also have several different stream themes and a "skip" button.

Radio Paradise

Top Bottom