• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

boXem ARTHUR 2408/N2 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 131 59.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 80 36.2%

• Total voters

pma

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@boXem | audio I recently had an amp with a Hypex NC122MP module in house for testing. It emitted an odd hum with a bit of mains (50 Hz) mixed with three peaks at 550, 650 and 700 Hz. Wasn't very loud, but always present, as long as the SMPS was powered - also in standby. Ever noticed this with your Hypex modules? Did I just get unlucky, or is this a common thing?
Maybe unlucky or something wrong with the wiring. However, these modules are not "perfect" regarding PSRR and there is no way to get rid of it. You can see it in Amir's measurements as well. But, at the level where it is inaudible.

NC252MP.png

boXem | audio

Major Contributor
Manufacturer
Forum Donor
@boXem | audio I recently had an amp with a Hypex NC122MP module in house for testing. It emitted an odd hum with a bit of mains (50 Hz) mixed with three peaks at 550, 650 and 700 Hz. Wasn't very loud, but always present, as long as the SMPS was powered - also in standby. Ever noticed this with your Hypex modules? Did I just get unlucky, or is this a common thing?
If we talk about audible noise emitted by the amp itself, I believe you were unlucky. Never encountered such a thing, in oposition to other smpses (looking at you mean well)

Top Bottom